🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about work that count less than an h...
Page options
ecstasy816
Community Member

Question about work that count less than an hour in a week.

I have read the condition about hourly rate payment. However, I don't understand clearly about some points. I had received a project that I worked less than one hour in a week, around, 40 minutes total for that week. I would like to ask that the working hour for the week I mentioned will be commulated to next week working hour, or the system will count as I don't have any work in that week instead? FYI, my hourly rate is just $5, so 40 minutes aren't meet the minimum payment.

Thank you in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phongmanus B wrote:

Let me confirm another thing that my client will receive a report for checking and confirming for payment of that week, even it's just 40 minutes, won't they? 

Yes 😉

If it's in your work diary, the client is charged for it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Phongmanus B wrote:

I have read the condition about hourly rate payment. However, I don't understand clearly about some points. I had received a project that I worked less than one hour in a week, around, 40 minutes total for that week. I would like to ask that the working hour for the week I mentioned will be commulated to next week working hour, or the system will count as I don't have any work in that week instead?

Did you properly track your time? The time tracker tracks in 10 minute segments, so as long as you worked 40 minutes and the tracker took 4 screenshots, the 40 minutes should be in your work diary.

The tracker is NOT suited for very short burts of work, like 2 or 3 minutes at a time, as this may not be enough to trigger a screeshot and the segment would be lost. Hourly contracts are best suited for work where you actually work reasonable stretches of time at a time.

Hello Petra,

The track did count those 40 minutes. However, it's the first time for me that my work diary is less than an hour in a week. So, is that 40 minutes working hour will be commulated with next week time? As I mention that, those 40 minutes aren't cost enough for minimum payment (it's less than $5) for the summary in that week report. 

Thank you for your reply.

Phongmanus B wrote:

Hello Petra,

The track did count those 40 minutes. However, it's the first time for me that my work diary is less than an hour in a week. So, is that 40 minutes working hour will be commulated with next week time? As I mention that, those 40 minutes aren't cost enough for minimum payment (it's less than $5) for the summary in that week report. 

Thank you for your reply.

There is no such thin as a minimum $5 for hourly contracts. The 40 minutes should show in your weekly reports as 0:40 if they had been properly tracked.

Thank you for your answer Petra. I misunderstood that Upwork use the same rule for fix cost.

Let me confirm another thing that my client will receive a report for checking and confirming for payment of that week, even it's just 40 minutes, won't they? 

Phongmanus B wrote:

Yes 😉

If it's in your work diary, the client is charged for it.

Thank you so much Petra.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members