🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question for Freelancers on the Monthly Plan
Page options
virtuosicmedia
Community Member

Question for Freelancers on the Monthly Plan

I'm trying to figure out if the monthly plan is the right approach for me. With the new payments for Connects, it seems like from a straight Connects standpoint, its a much better idea to be Basic. 80 credits that roll over month to month  for $12 vs 70 credits that DON'T roll over for $15.

If you are on the Monthy plan, can you please tell me your reasons for doing so? I'm looking for things I haven't considered in my decision.

Thank you,

Anthony Pero

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Anthony P wrote:

With the new payments for Connects, it seems like from a straight Connects standpoint, its a much better idea to be Basic. 80 credits that roll over month to month  for $12 vs 70 credits that DON'T roll over for $15.

They do roll over. What gave you the idea that they don't?

Anthony P wrote:

If you are on the Monthy plan, can you please tell me your reasons for doing so?

Habit 🙂 Convenience. The entertainment of seeing the bid range and how people really think bidding 10% of the budget works.  My custom url.

I don't really consider the number of connects because I don't use many. Others have said they like that their profile doesn't get set to private if / when they don't earn for 30 days.

$ 15 is nothing.

They do roll over. What gave you the idea that they don't?

Its good to hear that the credits roll over. In the new system, I'll definitely use more than 70 when I'm actively trying to fill up my schedule, but that's not every month. As far a why I thought they didn't, it was just an assumption on my part, I guess, based on this page:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/plans/membership/change-plan?flowId=6964820&from=membershipIndex

It specified the rollover on the Basic, but just says 70/Month on the Plus plan, with no mention of rollovers.

florydev
Community Member

They do rollover. You can keep up to 140.

If your are just looking at connects it’s not a good deal.

Your profile will not go private after 30 days of no earnings, if you work constantly on Upwork or don’t care about invites this is not much of a benefit.
But if I had not had it it might have cost me $11,000 on an invited job.

But if I had not had it it might have cost me $11,000 on an invited job.

Are you at liberty to elaborate on that part a little more?

EDIT: never mind I get it. You are saying your profile would have been hidden, and the Client wouldn't have invited you to the job.

Yep.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members