Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for long-time Payoneer users

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
1 of 7

I have been using Payoneer to withdraw funds from Elance/Upwork for the past three years, and while I have not had any issues, my old card has expired, and I have just activated the new one on Payoneer's site. Everything is fine on Payoneer's end: the new card is active, and my available Payoneer balance reflects on the new card as well.

So, my question is this- do I have to change anything on the Upwork side, like for instance, do I have to enter the new card number anywhere on Upwork, or was that done automatically when I activated the new card?

If I do have to change anything on my Upwork account, where do I do it? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

three-eleven
Community Guru
Mike Y Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 7

@Reinier B wrote:

I have been using Payoneer to withdraw funds from Elance/Upwork for the past three years, and while I have not had any issues, my old card has expired, and I have just activated the new one on Payoneer's site. Everything is fine on Payoneer's end: the new card is active, and my available Payoneer balance reflects on the new card as well.

So, my question is this- do I have to change anything on the Upwork side, like for instance, do I have to enter the new card number anywhere on Upwork, or was that done automatically when I activated the new card?

If I do have to change anything on my Upwork account, where do I do it? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

From my experience, and this is 3rd payoneer card, you don't have to change anything on Upwork. You just need to activte card on payoneer and all available funds will be translated from old to new. My understanding is UW is not using CC number to send you funds to be available to use via CC.

Consider it being a 'bank' account with CC atached to it. Funds are sent to account, not CC

"Mentally melting down hear the sound of the same old sound going round" Stuck Mojo
atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 7

No need to worry. I just transferred some money to my card on Sunday, bevore realising that I hadn't given Upwork the new number. But Payoneer stated that it received the funds! (Phew! Money not lost in the ether!)

View solution in original post

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
4 of 7

My thanks to Mike, and Alexandra.

I do wish that Upwork would explain the process of renewing payment methods though- I could not find anything about that in the FAQ pages.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Reinier,

As Mike and Alexandra already confirmed, you don't need to update your payment method details since you're still using the same Payoneer account.

Untitled
bertiko
Ace Contributor
Zelimir T Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Vlad, Reinier (or anyone else who can shed some light)

After using my first Payoneer card for a few years, I have received a new Payoneer card today.

If I have understood correctly, I don't need to change anything on Upwork,

but only need to activate card on Payoneer and everything will sort itself out automatically?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Zelimir,

Yes, you don't need to update the information on your Upwork account since you're still using the same Payoneer account.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS