🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question on client interaction
Page options
311cd69e
Community Member

Question on client interaction

Good morning.

I am a long-time freelancer but new to Upwork. I submitted a proposal on a project to proofread a website for a client looking for someone with a healthcare background. I accepted the interview request via Skype, however, the person "interviewing" me was not the same name as the person who made the request or listed on the job posting. The person asked me to send a copy of my resume, which I did. They would not come on camera, only asked questions via chat. And they would not answer any of my questions. When they sent me an "offer letter," it was for some logistics company. When I asked if this was for a healthcare related department in their organization, he would only ask if I was rejecting the offer. Finally, I withdrew the proposal. 
It was very weird...and downright creepy. 
When I went back and looked at the job posting again, it said that the payment was unverified. Is this a new client to Upwork? Any guidance on how to identify these types of posts early on would be incredibly helpful. Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
sofia2008
Community Member

Kathy A G wrote:

Good morning.

I am a long-time freelancer but new to Upwork... I accepted the interview request via Skype, 

As a new freelancer, there is a lot you need to learn before jumping right in to sending proposals. First, communicating outside of Upwork before being hired is a violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up. See link below.

Upwork Legal Center

Please also read the following resources to get you up to speed on how to use Upwork, and learn what is allowed and not allowed. That will help keep you safe and in compliance with the rules.

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Get Started – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

SCAM : STOP buying PUBG, CRYPTO, NFT, etc… on... - Upwork Community

311cd69e
Community Member

This is very helpful. Thank you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths