🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question on job before submitting proposal
Page options
vicspado
Community Member

Question on job before submitting proposal

Sometimes a client is not specific enough in his wording as to what he wants done on a potential job, and I'd like to ask a question or two before submitting a proposal and waisting time and connects.

Is this possible?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Sometimes a client is not specific enough in his wording as to what he wants done on a potential job, and I'd like to ask a question or two before submitting a proposal and waisting time and connects. Is this possible?"

No.

That is not possible.

If you have questions about a job, then you may ask those questions when you send your proposal.

Or, if you don't feel that the job posting has enough information for you, then you may decide to not apply to the job.

If quality freelancers such as yourself avoid sending proposals to job postings which are too vague, then that means the clients who write the best job proposals will receive the best proposals, from the best freelancers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Sometimes a client is not specific enough in his wording as to what he wants done on a potential job, and I'd like to ask a question or two before submitting a proposal and waisting time and connects. Is this possible?"

No.

That is not possible.

If you have questions about a job, then you may ask those questions when you send your proposal.

Or, if you don't feel that the job posting has enough information for you, then you may decide to not apply to the job.

If quality freelancers such as yourself avoid sending proposals to job postings which are too vague, then that means the clients who write the best job proposals will receive the best proposals, from the best freelancers.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Victor,

In my area of specialty on Upwork many, if not most, of the jobs I see posted are by clients who clearly don't really know the specifics of what they want me to provide them.

So, my standared proposal, which is somewhat long because it describes what I think the client wants me to do, occasionally gets compliments from prospective clients because it details what I understand to be the work they need done. (There may also be prospective clients who don't want to work with me because they think my approach is too detailed for them. And it probably is.)

I provide a checklist of what each component of the average project I work on can be, so the client can check off what they think they need. I don't start work on a project until the client clearly identifies what they expect the end products from me will be.

I think I have about a 12% - 15% win rate on my proposals at a high enough pay rate that I can't remember the last time I bought connects beyond what I get with my $14.99 / month Upwork fee.

Thank you for your response, I just wanted to know if it was possible to ask client a question before submitting a proposal.

Victor S wrote:
Thank you for your response, I just wanted to know if it was possible to ask client a question before submitting a proposal.

The answer is no. 

Is it possible to make it possible?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members