Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on my Job Success Score

Highlighted
Michael R Member Since: Sep 3, 2018
1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if you know how the Job success score is computed? I have 5 stars to all of my completed jobs but still got an 80% job score. 

Ever since I got this, I am now having challenges winning new jobs. Not sure what I did wrong or if this is a bug. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
Corey F Member Since: Feb 2, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Michael,

Great question, and thankfully a very common one! Here is a good article that Upwork put out decribing the Job Success Score and calculation factors.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

I doesn't describe everything, so you may want to search your question specifically within the community posts and see what responses others have gotten. You'll likely have all of your questions answered between these 2 resources.

All the best!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 4

Michael R wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if you know how the Job success score is computed? I have 5 stars to all of my completed jobs but still got an 80% job score. 

Ever since I got this, I am now having challenges winning new jobs. Not sure what I did wrong or if this is a bug. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike

Hm, funny that you ask...

No, seriously: this is easily the most debated topic in this forum, hundreds and hundreds of posts discussing just what you asked. Feel free to peruse the relevant posts, and I promise you the full range of emotions: anger, fear, confusion, laughter, better than the movies!  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
4 of 4

Hi Michael, no-one knows for sure how the JSS is calculated. Upwork keep that information under lock and key for security.

The reason for your JSS at 80% even having all jobs with 5 stars is probably private feedback. When you go to My Stats what is the percentage shown in "Clients who would recommend you"? If it's less than 100% then a client of yours definitely gave you a not so good score in the private feedback. Other things that could affect your JSS is having a lot of idle contracts, closing idle contracts all at once, having contracts that never received a payment, etc.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS