🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Questions about optimizing my profile and fil...
Page options
abixbg
Community Member

Questions about optimizing my profile and filtering the jobs feed when seaching manually.

I have several questions regarding how I can both optimize my profile and look for good jobs. If mods think each question needs separate thread I can split it.

• 1. Is there a way to only show jobs for which the client used this choice?

abixbg_0-1680176253039.png

• 2. How many specililzed profiles we have to do? It looks like the Freelancer and Client POV of Upwork UI/UX is completely out of sync. I can only make "Video Game Development" specialized profile and mark it as "Mobile Game Development" Specialty, but then the clietns can chose from 3 completely differnet lists under categoty, subcategory or whatever flag it is listed in the database! How on Earth we are supposed to make clean and specific profile when this is such a mess. 

Freelancer POV:

abixbg_1-1680176670382.png

Client POV:

abixbg_2-1680176883926.png

• 3. As a frellancer should I just mark everything in the skill tags because, Clients are asked to give max 10 skills (+ "For the best results, add 3-5 skills") And then they are presented with 11 categories of skills with at least 5 skill items in each, where most of them make absolutely no sense when looking for specific talent skill. Target Age Group!?! Also as a client if you pick Mobile Game Category in the previouse step you are still suggested to pick one of the skills: [Personal Computer] [Consoles] No wonder the global freelancer suggestion algo is not working properly!  Both freelancers and clients are overwhelmed by the amount of irrelevant options and can only guess what to fill. 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members