cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is not my intention to be

Highlighted
Chelsea P Member Since: Sep 29, 2013
1 of 9
Hi guys! So I've gotten a few jobs on here, and they are fixed rates. When I look at my revenue history, there is a future date and how much I should be getting paid. Is this the processing time for oDesk to transfer the money to my account? This may be a silly question, but trying to learn the ins and outs of oDesk. Chelsea
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 9
Hi Chelsea, Welcome to oDesk! The date (under the Available on heading on your Transactions page) is basically when your funds will become available for you to withdraw. What happens is that on a fixed price contract, once oDesk receives payment from your client, there's a 6-day security period. The funds show up as Pending and have a future date (6-days from the day when the client's payment method gets charged) showing up under "Available on". Once the funds become "available", you then need to withdraw them to your bank account/Paypal/Skrill/Payoneer card. You need to set up your withdrawal method before hand so that it is active (adding a new payment method also comes with a security period) once your funds become available. For hourly jobs, there's a different schedule: Weekly Pay Schedule Hope this helps!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Robert S Member Since: Aug 5, 2011
3 of 9
It is not my intention to be rude here but check out the help center. It's actually quite helpful for most of the questions that you'll have. If you cannot find it there, then feel free to try the forums.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 9
Robert, that's excellent advice. Even long term Upwork contractors would be well-advised to review this material. Knowing this information helps me be more profitable on the platform.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
5 of 9

At which point is necro posting considered spam?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
6 of 9
LOL - "Necro posting" - perfect description Krisztina!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
7 of 9
Once again I would ask Mods to consider 'locking' extremely old threads which have been solved or have not been 'active' for years.

I cannot see the point to resurrecting these ancient threads just to make a comment that does not add anything of significance.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 9
re: "At which point is necro posting considered spam?"

Guilty as charged.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
9 of 9
No worries.
We will forgive..... if this is the last occurrence.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS