🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Questions in job postings
Page options
veralemeshava
Community Member

Questions in job postings

Hi everyone!
Can anybody tell me why "Have you taken any Upwork tests and done well on them that you think are relevant to this job?" is still available for clients to ask? Upwork tests were removed a month ago or so but clients still keep asking this. 
As I understand this is kind of a suggested question. I don't understand why Upwork can't delete it.

4 REPLIES 4
florydev
Community Member

I posted about this a while back and they said they are working on it.  I think it was only this quesiton and others like it but there was a glimmer of hope that might get rid of all canned questions.  <fingers crossed>

Mark F wrote:

I posted about this a while back and they said they are working on it. 

Maybe they need to hire some freelancers - Really dont see why this is such a task for them, they make enough other changes and managed to remove the tests in question, i cant fathom why this has taken so long/not been done!

I hope they do get rid of those generic questions, they are aweful. It would be nice for clients that want info like that to actually think of questions themselves, that are relevant to the job/task.

They are actively trying to get in touch with the freelancer who wrote the code that manages the questions, but so far in vain.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Jonathan H wrote:

Mark F wrote:

I posted about this a while back and they said they are working on it. 

Maybe they need to hire some freelancers - Really dont see why this is such a task for them, they make enough other changes and managed to remove the tests in question, i cant fathom why this has taken so long/not been done!

I hope they do get rid of those generic questions, they are aweful. It would be nice for clients that want info like that to actually think of questions themselves, that are relevant to the job/task.

Well I would hope it is just data.

My guess is that the hold up is the decision and it's implication and in my personal experience there needs to be lots of meetings were ever gives their hurumphs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members