cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on unresponsive clients.

Highlighted
George W Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
1 of 4

I have a question on unresponsive clients.

If someone hasn't responded to a job I've applied for, is two weeks enough time

to withdraw the application? So far, I wait a month, for instance if I apply for a data

entry job on March 1, on April 1, if I haven't gotten a response, I withdraw the application

and mark the job as an unresponsive client. If I didn't do this, I'd have a job application

list a mile long. So what happens when a client is unresponsive? Does the job just

disappear? What happens when you withdraw an application due to unresponsiveness?

Thank you for reading.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi George,

Some clients may take more time to plan the project, interview and hire, others may change their minds and choose not to go back to their job posting. If there is no activity on a job posting for longer than 30 days, it expires automatically but you can definitely withdraw your application ealier if you feel like it is not going to result in a hire.

Other members of the Community may share their tips and practices about when to withdraw applications.

~ Valeria
Untitled
George W Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
3 of 4

Hello Valeria, and thank you for your reply.

So I should just let the jobs expire then? Is that the best option?

What happens to the connects used to apply? Are they reinstated?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi George, 

Connects you used to apply for a job posting are returned to you only if either oDesk Team or the client closes the job without hiring. If the job posting expires, the connects are not returned.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS