🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Questions: refund + negative feedback!
Page options
antoniocuratolo7
Community Member

Questions: refund + negative feedback!

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions to ask the community and moderators:

1. How do I refund a customer who has just ended my hourly contract? Bec

2. What impact does a negative evaluation have on JSS? At the moment I have a 99% JSS, so someone has definitely been disappointed, but this is the first case in which I'm sure the customer hasn't been satisfied.

Thanks to anyone who will answer me.

Antonio

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Antonio C wrote:

When I go to "Give a refund" I don't have the possibility to proceed with the refund.

The impact on the JSS will be the same whether you refund or not. The client has already left feedback. Why don't you wait until tomorrow and see what the impact actually is?

Those hours were logged this week, right? You can't refund until the client has been charged, which will be on Monday afternoon UTC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Antonio C wrote:

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions to ask the community and moderators:

1. How do I refund a customer who has just ended my hourly contract? Bec

2. What impact does a negative evaluation have on JSS? At the moment I have a 99% JSS, so someone has definitely been disappointed, but this is the first case in which I'm sure the customer hasn't been satisfied.

Thanks to anyone who will answer me.

Antonio

2. The more jobs you have, the less the impact of one job. With your number of jobs, not taking the value of the job into consideration, the impact will be negligible.

Hi Martina, thank you so much for your reply 🙂

To moderators: how can I refund the customer who has already closed the hourly contract? When I go to "Give a refund" I don't have the possibility to proceed with the refund.

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Antonio C wrote:

When I go to "Give a refund" I don't have the possibility to proceed with the refund.

The impact on the JSS will be the same whether you refund or not. The client has already left feedback. Why don't you wait until tomorrow and see what the impact actually is?

Those hours were logged this week, right? You can't refund until the client has been charged, which will be on Monday afternoon UTC.

Hi Petra, thank you for your reply. 

Well, actually the refund thing isn't related to the JSS question. I didn't complete the job, although for reasons beyond my control, and therefore it seems fair to me to refund the client, even if she told me that there's no need to do it.

Anyway, thank you again for explaining me how it works.
Have a nice day! 🙂
Antonio

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Antonio C.,

Keep in mind that if a) a Top Rated freelancer waits to see if a client's feedback has adversely affected their JSS in the latest bi-weekly calculation before the freelancer exercises their ability as a Top Rated freelancer to remove that feedback from their JSS calculation and b) the JSS calculation then drops below 90 for the most recent week, one effect of the temporary sub-90 JSS calculation remains - the Top Rated ranking would still be at risk of being lost if another negative feedback occurs over the next 13 weeks.

But if a freelancer has plenty of completed projects and/or the particular project is of a low dollar value, the recent change in how ratings are value-weighted would make it less likely the freelancer's JSS will drop below 90 due to lower client feedback on relatively small projects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members