cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 31

Where can I see how many people have already submitted proposals without clicking on a job and opening it up?

Where is the option to see who a job was awarded to?

Where can I click to change a job from hourly to fixed rate so the client doesn’t have to create a new job and invite me and go through all that hassel?

How can I see all jobs listed in a category instead of clicking on a subcategory and then clicking on all subcategories?

Where is the option to edit/modify my proposal once it’s been sent?

Where is the option to accept or decline a job when it’s been awarded to me?

Where is the option to delete the jobs displayed in my Job Feed section?

Where is the option to set my earnings private and still keep my profile open to ALL searches by a client?

Where is the option of migrating test scores and group affiliations achieved from Elance to Upwork?

Where is the option of migrating portfolio samples from Elance to Upwork (without having to download them from Elance and then upload them to Upwork)?

Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
2 of 31

I can't help but assume that you're already aware of the answers to your questions.  Hopefully some of those features will make their way  to Upwork. After everything has been fixed up and is working again.

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
3 of 31

I suppose you know already that to most of these questions, the answer is "nowhere". 

You can delete jobs from your job feed, though (at least temporarily, as they do seem to come back in the next search again - not sure if that's a glitch or how it is supposed to be). If you hover over the job, an X will appear in the right upper corner of the posting. If you click on it, the post will go bye-bye. 

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 31

The answer to all your questions is "Elance".

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 31

lol Fergus. You make the threads sometimes... just make them worthwhile.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
6 of 31

Why thank you!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
BEST ANSWER
7 of 31

@Kathy T wrote:

Where can I see how many people have already submitted proposals without clicking on a job and opening it up? - You have to open the job. Unless you have bid on it, in which case this will be on the Proposal page for the job in question.

Where is the option to see who a job was awarded to? - You won't be able to see that information until a person is hired and some payment has occured for the job.

Where can I click to change a job from hourly to fixed rate so the client doesn’t have to create a new job and invite me and go through all that hassel? Bids can not be edited. However, the client can make those sorts of changes just before they hire you. Just make sure to discuss this with the client during interviews.

How can I see all jobs listed in a category instead of clicking on a subcategory and then clicking on all subcategories?  - If you are using the filters, all categorys have their own checkbox. Example, there are sub-catagories under "Translation and Writing", but you can check only that box if you want to see all in that cat.

Where is the option to edit/modify my proposal once it’s been sent? - There is no option for this. This function does not exist on Upwork.

Where is the option to accept or decline a job when it’s been awarded to me? - When a client hires you for a job, there will be a GREEN button that says ACCEPT.

Where is the option to delete the jobs displayed in my Job Feed section? - You can only do this during that view session, buy click the X at the top right of each job on the job results page. Howver, when you log back in, those jobs will be back.  This is not a bug.

Where is the option to set my earnings private and still keep my profile open to ALL searches by a client? - Upwork does not make this option avaiblable to us.

Where is the option of migrating test scores and group affiliations achieved from Elance to Upwork? - I have read you can't do this, but someone else having through this should confirm.

Where is the option of migrating portfolio samples from Elance to Upwork (without having to download them from Elance and then upload them to Upwork)?  - You can't do this. You must download from Elance, and then upload to Upwork.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 31

Bravo.

I hope the day comes when this type of posting, designed to stir up trouble and nothing else, will stop.

The pile on is really getting tiresome.

Let's face it...all asked and answered.

Ace Contributor
Geoff F Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
9 of 31

Maybe the day will come when Upwork builds a bug free site that is user friendly.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
10 of 31

@Jean S wrote:

Bravo.

I hope the day comes when this type of posting, designed to stir up trouble and nothing else, will stop.

The pile on is really getting tiresome.

Let's face it...all asked and answered.

Jean, why do you think the OP was designed to stir up trouble? The user is new, from Elance, and every single item I answered:

1. The answers to most of the OP questions are stuck in multiple threads scattered all over the forums. Doing a forum search in this case would have been useless.

2. Very little, if any of the data I wrote is represented properly via the Support pages.

3. There are some rather subtle differences between Elance and Upwork, which, apparently, has proven to be somewhat confusing to the users migrating from Elance.

LOL. I wrote my reply to the OP while I was eating a short dinner. Took no time at all, and maybe it will keep some new folks out of trouble, so to speak.

<shrugs>

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS