Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
21 of 31

Setu,

To test this I once withdraw a proposal (at that time application) that was maybe a few weeks old and I was able to apply for the same job again. So I am not quite sure if there is a limit up to when you can withdraw your proposal.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
22 of 31
Perhaps, the times when it does not work are just due to errors in the system?

Would be good to get clarity from a Mod on why this is the case at times.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
23 of 31

@Setu

I agree. Thanks btw, for the confirmation. 

@Prospective Forum Mods

It seems that we can re-submit, but the qualifications for doing so are missing.

1. How much time between Withdrawing and Re-Submitting is required?

2. What is the max time for Re-Submission before being told it won't work?

3. As someone else pondered in this thread, will we be prevented from re-submitting if the client "interacts" with the job?

@Other folks in this thread

What question(s) did I miss in this post?

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
24 of 31

"1. How much time between Withdrawing and Re-Submitting is required?

2. What is the max time for Re-Submission before being told it won't work?"

I did an experiment a couple of months ago when I had connects to use up, and found that once you have withdrawn an application you can re-submit for at least two or three hours after the withdrawal

(not to say it hasn't changed, of course...)

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 31

Hi All,

I have just confirmed with the team that a freelancer should be able to withdraw and re-submit a proposal any time and there are no time limitations for it. There is always an option to propose different terms as well. 

I am not aware of any immediate plans for changing the policies regarding switching from fixed-price to hourly and the other way around. However, it's on our list of features to consider in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
26 of 31

@Valeria K wrote:

I am not aware of any immediate plans for changing the policies regarding switching from fixed-price to hourly and the other way around. However, it's on our list of features to consider in the future.

Valeria,

In the meantime, what are the chances that the erroneous documentation that says jobs have to be reposted in order to change from hourly to fixed-price can be corrected?

Thanks and best,

Michael

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 31

Hi Michael,

If you are referring to this help article then it contains correct information. When editing a job posting the client can't change the terms from hourly to fixed-price and the other way around. When the client makes a job offer it can contain different terms than the original job posting though.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
28 of 31

No, Valeria, I was referring to this documentation on changing from an hourly to a fixed-price job. I see on re-reading that it seems to refer to an ongoing contract.

As far as I know, there is no official documentation on the process you have just (re)confirmed for changing a job from hourly to fixed-price before an offer has been made, which in my experience is the likeliest time for the issue to arise. The absence of that documentation makes it easy to misread the more restrictive language applying to ongoing contracts as applying to the negotiation and offer phase—as very many people here have done.

This is an issue that arises time and again, wasting your time as well as ours. I would appreciate your taking this issue to the documentation team.

Thanks and best,

Michael

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
29 of 31

"Perhaps, the times when it does not work are just due to errors in the system?"

Surely not.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Ace Contributor
Dharmveer S Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
30 of 31

Bravo ! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS