🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Quick newbie question ...
Page options
330944e0
Community Member

Quick newbie question ...

Hi everyone, newcomer to Upwork. I'm wondering how, or if it's possible, to ask questions of a client without actually submitting a proposal. For example, I see many requests for ghostwriting romance stories. My immediate thought is, "Define romance." Because it's a huge field ranging from HEA cosy stories to highly explicit erotica. How can you ask for this clarification?

Thanks, Graeme.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

No, you can't have contact with a potential client without submitting a proposal.

Just ask for clarification in your proposal; you are not obliged to accept any potential offer from the potential client unless you have confirmed that it's work you want to do.

Not defining their projects well is a very common problem when dealing with many potential new clients. The more questions you ask pre-contract, the better you are defining the project for them and for you. And that is a good thing for both of you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

No, you can't have contact with a potential client without submitting a proposal.

Just ask for clarification in your proposal; you are not obliged to accept any potential offer from the potential client unless you have confirmed that it's work you want to do.

Not defining their projects well is a very common problem when dealing with many potential new clients. The more questions you ask pre-contract, the better you are defining the project for them and for you. And that is a good thing for both of you.

Ah! Thanks Will, appreciate your time and answer. I'm starting to get my head around the system more. Cheers!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members