🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Quick to Suspend First Time - I'd Like to...
Page options
aaronfernandes
Community Member

Deleted

5 REPLIES 5
a_lipsey
Community Member

Aaron, considering the amount of work you do on Upwork (and the amount of money you make them), you'd think they'd have treated you with a bit more respect than this.  I agree, it's getting  more and more worrisome to use this platform. 

I am glad your account was reinstated. Upwork should really at least give you all your lost connects back (even though with the amount of work you do it seems like it's not that big of an expense for you). It seems like the greater loss is losing any bidding you did the last few days. 

It sounds like an honest mistake happened with this project, that wasn't entirely or at all your fault, and you worked to remedy it, and then the client decided to be greedy. That's terrible. 

It is time an Upwork moderator  made a comment on this thread. It is unacceptable that Upwork makes this sort of decision on a dispute. Upwork has always said that  it will try and reconcile the two parties, but will not make decisions for one side or the other. This is why Upwork has arbitration in place. 

Please do not fob any of us off with the usual "We cannot discuss cases". This is something that affects every single freelancer on thIs site. I (and perhaps we) would like to know how much power the "dispute team" has to arbritrarily suspend an account having come down (without evidence) on the side of the client. 

ETA: OK I  now  realise this was an hourly dispute, but even so, it is unacceptable that a decision to suspend an account was made by someone whose decision had to be biased. 

JoanneP

Hi Aaron,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of the mediation team members is already assisting you with this case. The agent will update your ticket to provide you further assistance in resolving this issue. If you have any questions, please feel free to post in on your ticket, and the agent will be happy to assist you with it. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
vstuart
Community Member

Wow Aaron, this is terrible. And yes, it should be a wake up call for all of us. Sorry you went through this. Upwork, what are you thinking???? Or who is doing your thinking , i.e. terrible and at this point "shocking" decision making? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths