Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite possibly a stupid question....

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
1 of 3
...but...
Can we up-merge our elance / upwork profiles?

Main reason for asking is:
On elance, the feature was presented as something which will help us build a better profile on upwork. However, after reading some comments and facing problems with my account merge, I think that my job success rate will drop significantly (I had a working profile on upwork with JS rate of 97%).
Now, after the merge, I realized that 40+ hours are missing, my repeat clients rate is 0% (I have 33% on elance and 10% on upwork prior to merge). I have no idea what exactly is transferred and what isn't. Some important metrics from elance (like recommend rate, which is in my case 99%) are not important here, while some (some kind of hidden feedback) are very important.
Since my job history on upwork was pretty good prior to account merge, I'm afraid that after that (unnecessary) move, I will ruin my profile here....
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 3

@Sanja D wrote:
...but...
Can we up-merge our elance / upwork profiles?

Main reason for asking is:
On elance, the feature was presented as something which will help us build a better profile on upwork. However, after reading some comments and facing problems with my account merge, I think that my job success rate will drop significantly (I had a working profile on upwork with JS rate of 97%).
Now, after the merge, I realized that 40+ hours are missing, my repeat clients rate is 0% (I have 33% on elance and 10% on upwork prior to merge). I have no idea what exactly is transferred and what isn't. Some important metrics from elance (like recommend rate, which is in my case 99%) are not important here, while some (some kind of hidden feedback) are very important.
Since my job history on upwork was pretty good prior to account merge, I'm afraid that after that (unnecessary) move, I will ruin my profile here....

Sanja

This sort of question has appeared quite a lot on the forums, and here are a couple of good threads regarding it:

Elance to Upwork - To Merge Or Not

You may also want to read this thread: Batten Down the Hatches

If I was in your situation specifically, I'd wait a bit. Check out my post in the Elance to Upwork - To Merge Or Not for suggestions.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Sanja,

I understand you are frustrated with the way the merging went for you. Although it's not something that can be reversed, rest assured that the issues you have reported are being worked on and we'll make sure your profile is updated with the full information.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS