cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Connects Missing and Membership Downgraded

kremisoski
Kevin R Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
1 of 6

I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but out of the blue this month, my rollover connects are gone, and my service was downgraded.  I can't seem to find a contact link to deal with this and while I haven't really been using the service lately as I'm on a long term project, I was keeping my options open for hours I have open and now that I go to use my connects and my premium membership, it's gone....  =/

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 6

Upwork Support Central (United States) - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

From the right side pane, select your peferred (and available) method of support you desire.

And on the specfic note about your problem: It's possible a Moderator will chime in here, so keep an eye on this thread.

And finally, not everyone has the same support methods, or I would have linked to something more specific.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Kevin,

If you are a paid member, the system attempts to charge the billing method on file every month. If for some reason that charge fails, your membership is automatically downgraded. It looks like that's what happened in your case. Please, check your billing method and make sure it's valid and has sufficient funds for membership payment.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kremisoski
Kevin R Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
4 of 6

That's simply not possible.   There's always money in that account.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Kevin,

I am sorry, but you'll have to check with your bank. When Upwork tried to charge your billing method for the membership fee, the charge failed.

~ Valeria
Upwork
edg40
Ace Contributor
Edward G Member Since: Sep 22, 2014
6 of 6

@Kevin R wrote:

That's simply not possible.   There's always money in that account.

If it's a credit card and you recently got a new card, make sure that the expiration date on your payment method is in the future.  I've had that trip me up with recurring billing arrangements before.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS