🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: RE-Submitting the Application.
Page options
kianathewriter
Community Member

RE-Submitting the Application.

Hi there,

Hope someone here can help me. I sent a proposal to a job that I really liked.  But later, I noticed, my website link has one letter missing - Means when the client will click on it. I will not open.

Now, I didn't have any direct email address of the client, so, I thought if I withdraw the application, then I can correct the website link and re-submit the form.

So, I withdrew the application (which I didn't want to withdraw)
Now the thing is I am not able to re-submit that job. And I really wanted to be considered for that job.
Please help me, what can I do to submit that job again?
OR
Can someone at the UpWork give me direct contact of the client so, I can contact them and inform. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Kiana

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kiana,

Please send me a PM with the job post link so that I can check this and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There was a similar discussion elsewhere.

I'm not sure why but while you can edit terms you can't edit the text of a proposal without withdrawing and resubmitting.  This was annoying before but given this now costs actual cash after connect changes there really needs to be a way to do this.  Clearly submitting costs connects, editing and re-submitting for same job seems a bit harsh.  While a helpful person may sort a one off I am sure a typo or omission is fairly common this really needs to be addressed somehow.

Goran V wrote:

Hi Kiana,

Please send me a PM with the job post link so that I can check this and assist you further. Thank you.

I thought that you weren't allowed to include links to your website in proposals?

re: "I thought that you weren't allowed to include links to your website in proposals?"

Upwork has consistently allowed freelancers to include any kind of links they want to in their proposals.

This has been the policy throughout the time I have used the site and its predecessor.

Preston H wrote:

re: "I thought that you weren't allowed to include links to your website in proposals?"

Upwork has consistently allowed freelancers to include any kind of links they want to in their proposals.

This has been the policy throughout the time I have used the site and its predecessor.

Ah right - I assumed it was the same, just because we're not allowed to put contact info on our profiles. Still seems odd though - they must lose a lot of business due to clients contacting freelancers directly.

Hello all, 

Thanks for your responses and thoguhts. I will be more careful next time. But all the replies did help me.Thanks. 

Best

Kiana

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kiana K wrote:

Hi there,

Hope someone here can help me. I sent a proposal to a job that I really liked.  But later, I noticed, my website link has one letter missing - Means when the client will click on it. I will not open.

Now, I didn't have any direct email address of the client, so, I thought if I withdraw the application, then I can correct the website link and re-submit the form.

So, I withdrew the application (which I didn't want to withdraw)
Now the thing is I am not able to re-submit that job. And I really wanted to be considered for that job.
Please help me, what can I do to submit that job again?
OR
Can someone at the UpWork give me direct contact of the client so, I can contact them and inform. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Kiana

That you can't send another proposal after withdrawing is not how it should be, you should be able to do that.

Keep in mind it will cost you connects again. 

Upwork will never ever give you another way to contact the client. Clients are swamped with proposals and would probably dislike it very much if they were contacted outside of that. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members