🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » REFUND TO A CLIENT
Page options
faizan_saaien
Community Member

REFUND TO A CLIENT

Hello,

Recently, the client has requested for a refund and I want to give him back. Just wondering, will the upwork charges or refund charges will be paid from my earnings? 

Refund is for a weekly retainer in addition to hourly job that client was not supposed to be a charge but his employee made the contract incorrectly?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Faizan Raham S wrote:

Recently, the client has requested for a refund and I want to give him back. Just wondering, will the upwork charges or refund charges will be paid from my earnings? 

You mean the Service fee? Upwork will refund that to the client. So if, for example, the client paid $50, you "got" $40. If you refund those $50, Upwork takes $40 from your balance and pays back $10 themselves.

So what you refund is what you want the client to get back. There is no fee for isuing a refund

Thank you for your quick response, Petra.

So, it means I will not be charged any extra amount to refund my client?

Also, please confirm that is refunding can affect my profile? 

Faizan Raham S wrote:

So, it means I will not be charged any extra amount to refund my client?

No, as I specifically explained, you won't be charged anything extra.

Faizan Raham S wrote:

Also, please confirm that is refunding can affect my profile? 

No, why would it affect your profile?

Thank you petra for your help. 

Really obliged. 

e429ceff
Community Member

Hi, I want to add funds to my balance to give a refund to my client. How should I charge my balance?

Hi Narjes,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members