🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: REQUEST FOR PAYMENT button
Page options
alisalincoln
Community Member

REQUEST FOR PAYMENT button

Good afternoon! Please help me with my problem . I agreed to a fixed-price project. I have a deadline today. I did the project two days ago. But I can't send it, I can't find the REQUEST FOR PAYMENT button, and my employer doesn't respond. Tell me where to find this button? Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "But the client sent me this offer and I agreed to work with him."

You agreed to work with him, but he did not hire you.

That means that anything you were doing for him, you were doing it for free.

re: "And this is visible in my active proposals, but did I understand correctly that this is not enough?"

Correct. That is not enough.

re: "I have to wait for it to appear in My Jobs tab?"

Correct.

re: "I have a deadline today."

Well... the good news is that you do NOT have a deadline today.

re: "I did the project two days ago. But I can't send it"

Don't send it.

Never send it.

If you did any work, then the work belongs to you. For example, if the client asked you to draw a picture of a mouse... the picture belongs to you and you may post it in your portfolio or sell it or do whatever you want with it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Go to your account on Upwork.com

Reports -> Overview

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.07.54 AM.png

Then go to the bottom of the page, to a section labelled "Fixed price milestones"

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.09.25 AM.png

Click on the contract listing, which is in green.

Then click on the "Submit Work for Payment" button.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.11.40 AM.png

Thank you, but I don't have this tab, there are only my works with hourly pay.

Jana:

If you are telling me that you went to that Overview page and you DO NOT SEE the fixed-price contract...

Then it leads me to believe that you don't have a fixed-price contract.

Have you looked for the contract here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

and here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> All Contracts

and here:

Upwork -> Find Work -> Proposals

Maybe the job is CLOSED already? Maybe the job is really an HOURLY contract? Maybe the job is only being discussed and hasn't actually started yet?

I accepted the request for this job, I have it visible in active proposals, I can also see the details of this job, for example, in messages with the employer, but I do not have this contract in all contracts and not in my overview

Hi Jana,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn’t provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please ask your client to hire you before you can start working. 

Please check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use the Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

But the client sent me this offer and I agreed to work with him. And this is visible in my active proposals , but did I understand correctly that this is not enough? I have to wait for it to appear in My Jobs tab ?

That is correct, Jana.

Once the client sends you an offer, you should review it and accept it. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You will be able to see your contracts under the ’My jobs’. You can check this help article for more information about the interviewing and negotiating process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "But the client sent me this offer and I agreed to work with him."

You agreed to work with him, but he did not hire you.

That means that anything you were doing for him, you were doing it for free.

re: "And this is visible in my active proposals, but did I understand correctly that this is not enough?"

Correct. That is not enough.

re: "I have to wait for it to appear in My Jobs tab?"

Correct.

re: "I have a deadline today."

Well... the good news is that you do NOT have a deadline today.

re: "I did the project two days ago. But I can't send it"

Don't send it.

Never send it.

If you did any work, then the work belongs to you. For example, if the client asked you to draw a picture of a mouse... the picture belongs to you and you may post it in your portfolio or sell it or do whatever you want with it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members