cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: How do I pause the clock during a skills test?

jenniferelincole
Jennifer E Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
1 of 8

RESOLVED 8.28.17, no need to reply; could not find a "delete post" option. 

Hello, 

How do i pause a skills test? I failed the spelling because I was interrupted after the third question. When I could not find a pause or back button, I closed the Chrome tab. I returned to the test via Chrome "History".  The tab opened to the test. Two questions popped up before the "Test Complete" window. The results showed 5%.  It seems even though I closed the tab in Chrome, the upwork test clock keeps ticking. Or I did something wrong. Thanks for any help and clarity. Very frustrating and embarrassign to have it look as though I spelled 5% of the words correclty!  

Jennifer
kenstone
Community Leader
Ken S Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
2 of 8

I believe once started you have to go straight through to the end.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
3 of 8

There is no pause button on the skills tests. You do them in one shot or you have to retake them. The results are already skewed by people Googling the answers. If there were a pause button everyone would score 100% all the time. 

daniloguzon
Danilo Jr G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 8

You can always retake it, I am not sure though on when the system will allow you to retake it. Just remember not to publicize this test. Make it private.

Also if you're a native English speaker, this type of test is not that impactful to your profile. Personally, I think it's just accentuates the profile.

jenniferelincole
5 of 8

Danilo Jr G, 

Thank you, excellent advice. Now, how do I make a test private? For all I know, it's already posted somewhere in upwork!

Jennifer
kenstone
Community Leader
Ken S Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
6 of 8

It's in the edit profile section.

Also I believe failed tests are set to private by default.  

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 8

Hi Jennifer, 

You may go to your profile page, scroll down to the tests section, and toggle between the "Yes/No" switch so that you can choose which tests you can set to private. 

I would just like to clarify that failed tests do not automatically set to private. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jenniferelincole
8 of 8

Thank you, Avery.  I had a little trouble finding my Profile page and must have clicked the right link accidentally because the failed test is now private.   Actually, it says "No" for the "Display on Profile" which I realize is the same as "private." 

Jennifer
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS