🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: REVIEW MY PROFILE
Page options
a2ffc2dc
Community Member

REVIEW MY PROFILE

Hello team members, is anybody here who has ample knowledge and experience with Upwork and profile building? Kindly review my profile and help me get some freelance gigs, please. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
df602768
Community Member

Your profile page is messy. Also, no samples. 

Hello Sir,

I have tried to add all the details and yes, there are no samples. I have no prior Upwork samples or work experience since am new to this platform. 

Then, you won't find any work. 

Please could you review my profile, thanks

You need to show results in order for clients to take you seriously as a Business Consultant/Coach. 🙂 

Hmmmm, that is the thing, I'm new here and most of my work is outside Upwork and and most of my old clients do not have linkedIn profile 

I am facing the same issue here.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Sanjukta, please develop the Summary more and place into a shorter paragraph format and add your Portfolio. Thanks!

honeyv
Community Member

Yes, the samples and some testimonials will make change there 🙂

a2ffc2dc
Community Member

Yes sir, but how ? I am in this industry for the past 4 years but I am new to Upwork. I have nobody in my profession who have an Upwork account so that they can give me testimonials. I have 4-5 testimonials on LinkedIn though. I have strong portfolio of work and CV as well which I can't upload here on Upwork. 

elisa_b
Community Member

Add samples and lower your hourly rate. Nobody is willing to pay a newbie $37.50/hr.

a2ffc2dc
Community Member

Hello ma'am, I want to know how to include work samples here since I have nothing related to Upwork.  Otherwise, I have 4 years of writing and editing experience (freelance and internships). I also have a strong CV, LinkedIn profile and work samples. Can  I share my work links here ?

NO. You share them on your profile or when you apply to a job. If you don't know how to do that, you should enroll to Upwork's Academy. 

Yes, I did that. Hoping for the best.

Yes sir, I have shared my work samples while applying for freelance gigs. Thank you for your response.

sajal36
Community Member

Hi Sanjukta,

You can go through the forum to get the finer details on profile building. You can refer the following

1. Samples on upwork to understand on how to build profile - Upwork Sample profile , Upwork profile creation best Practices.

2. Refer the profile of freelnacer in your fieilds. Content management Freelancer 

3. Look for article on how to get the work - How to get more job 

4. Go through new freelancer tips artcile lile -- Freelancer tips 

I believe the above material must help you in improving your chances in getting the gig work on upwork. Everyone start new on upwork at sometime so do not worry in case it take some time to get initial freelnace gigs. Keep trying and look for new strategy to win job. Good Luck !!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths