🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: RIPPED OFF!
Page options
5e427889
Community Member

RIPPED OFF!

I GOT POSSIBLY RIPPED OFF. I WAS WORKING FOR A CLIENT AS FREELANCER, AND THEY SUPPOSEDLY DISPUTED SOME WORK HOURS, BUT THERE WERE MIXED DETAILS AS TO NATURE OF THESE HOURS AND THEIR ISSUE. THERE WAS NO OPTION FOR ME TO DISPUTE, AND IT EVEN SAID THE CLIENT WAS UNDER INVESTIGATION. AT THE END, IT SAID THE PROBLEM WAS MANUAL HOURS BEING USED, BUT I HAVE PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT THIS IS FALSE, AND THAT MANUAL HOURS WERE ALLOWED. I WAS FORCED TO REFUND $200 ABOUT AND I EARNED IT FOR LEGAL HOURS WITH NO BREACH OF ANY POLICY OR RULES, AND THE WEBSITE FAVORED THE CLIENT. I WANT MY MONEY!

Screenshot_20220809-184731_Freelancer - Upwork.jpg

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
tomzilla1
Community Member

Well if it makes you feel a little better, I've had a client that just went on vacation and never bothered to fund or approve the final milestone. This probably doesn't solve your issue, but hopefully just letting you know you're not alone. In my case, it was kind of my fault because I should've made sure the client funded the final milestone before I started the job, but... it is what it is. You win some and lose some.

prestonhunter
Community Member

I know you are disappointed by what happened.

Need to let this go.

Upwork is not interested in your evidence. This is not a court.

You logged time manually.

Manual hours are not protected.

It does not matter if manual time is "allowed" or not.

Is this fair?
No.

Nobody is saying this is fair. But those are the rules that govern the site.

Preston H wrote:

Need to let this go.

Is this fair?
No.

But the client and I agreed to the hours documented and the work I did was reported. I put in time and I'm not being payed for it, time that has NO violations

Matt W wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Need to let this go.

Is this fair?
No.

But the client and I agreed to the hours documented and the work I did was reported. I put in time and I'm not being payed for it, time that has NO violations

Unfortunately this is an expensive lesson for you. It doesn't matter what you and the client agreed on. The Upwork TOS says manual hours aren't protected so if a client disputes them, they are automatically refunded. You need to read how payment protection works. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths