🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » RSS Feed Feature Request
Page options
amanbathla
Community Member

RSS Feed Feature Request

Hello Upwork.

I am following up on my last Question on RSS Feeds (which was handled pretty well by Upwork staff. Kudos!).

Here's a feature request I (and hopefully many other professionals using RSS) will really appreciate.

So I have been using RSS Feed for some time and find it pretty useful helping me save time searching for jobs on Upwork.

Currently the structure of RSS feed includes the following items.

Job Heading + Desc, Posted On, Category, Skills and Country. All great!

However, it happens ever so often that after reading a job desc and finding it suitable to apply, I click the apply button. I am then taken to the job details page on Upwork (something like https://www.upwork.com/jobs/abcdefghijk), only to find one of the following issues.

1) The client has requested that professionals from only specific countries should apply (In the Preferred Qualifications -> Location section), and I am not among the ones.

This is an absolute must have that I should be able to see wich countries the client is interested in hiring from in the RSS feed  so I can avoid going back and forth between my RSS reader and Upwork. Adding this information to RSS feeds will probably also decrease unnecesary load on Upwork servers.

2) The client has requested that he is interested in hiring only an Agency (Once again, In the Preferred Qualifications-> Talent Type section) and I am once again like 'facepalm' :). Adding this information to RSS feeds is again a must have as I can imagine that Agency professionals suffer even more because of this as most clients on Upwork want only independent freelancers to apply.

3) Another Must have is to be able to view some information on Client's history which I can not set in my RSS feed ( e.g. Client's Total Spending till date, Hire rate and avg. hourly rate paid).

As a professional who is interested in working only with veteran clients who can actually pay me my asking hourly rates, I have to once again reject lot of jobs after having gone back and forth between my RSS reader and Upwork.

Thank you.

-Aman

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amandeep,

Thank you for your feedback and your thoughts about improving the RSS feed. I will share your feedback with our product managers. 
If you have any questions, feel free to follow up at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran.

Any update on the feature request?

Thanks,

Aman

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members