Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feeds not working 36 hours

jeribirkes
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
1 of 71

RSS Feeds stopped working about 36 hours ago. I have REcreated the feeds through Upwork without success TWICE. I use feedly and feedly now seems to be treating Upwork like it does craigslist (does not work and will never work). 

It is VERY CLUNKY to have to go to Upwork's Job Feed and click through each category, since you can't save the category as a search, then start all over again for four categories. You would think the 'recommended' would match your categories, but it doesn't. And it's very clunky to have to keep advancing through each page, and there should be an option to only see job titles to avoid this 10 jobs per page view.

With some of the best IT freelancers IN THE WORLD on this platform, I do not understand why such problems! This pales in comparison with the missing proposals, cancelled proposals, and email problems as of late. But feedly provides 10 minute job searches vs. 30.

Advice appreciate for the feeds situation or creating saved alerts by category (not keyword).

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 71
Hi Jeri,

I haven't used Feedly so I am unaware of the specific features or advantages you gain from it.

In the interim, whilst you or Upwork figure out the problem; I use 'RSS Feed Reader' extension for Chrome, and it is operational.

You can get down to 1 minute searches. By the way, you do know that Upwork's feed is limited 10 posts at a time (if I am not mistaken). So a longer search time will miss many posts depending on how busy your category feed is.

Hope this helps somewhat.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
jeribirkes
Community Guru
3 of 71

Thank you, I will learn about this--thank you for taking time for me and verifying you aren't having problems!

jeribirkes
Community Guru
4 of 71

OK, I see, I already have the feedly chrome extension. I have had no alerts from Upwork for almost 36 hours. Any tips appreciated. I have cleared cookies ...

blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
Probuddha N Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
5 of 71

Hello

I had subcribed to the RSS Job Feed of Upwork through blogtrottr.com and had the updates pushed to my email every hour.

The last update I received was yesterday (Sept 1st) morning at 8:20. After that, I haven't received a single update till now.

I checked with the Blogtrottr support team and they advised that the feed itself is down. They pointed me to the W3C Feed Validator, which shows "Server returned HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable". I even checked the current feed in the validator and it shows the same error.

Here is a link to the validator

I talked to Upwork support and they advised clearing cookies, restarting browser and all that. I don't think that's gonna help because the problem is showing in the feed itself

I am attaching screenshot from my blogtrottr subscription page which shows that the feed was last updated on Sep 1st 2015, 08:20, even though it was last checked about an hour back Sep 2nd 2015, 12:18

Can someone please check and confirm if RSS is working fine for them and advise me on what should I do to address this situation

Many thanks

blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
6 of 71

Attaching another screenshot from FireFox, which shows the feed being unavailable

Thanks

robert_kleiner
Robert K Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
7 of 71

Same problem here with a different RSS software. I only got about a dozen jobs through the RSS today and the last update was 3 hours ago. Normally I have something showing up every few minutes..

tejasvtanna
Tejas T Member Since: Aug 27, 2015
8 of 71

Hi Probuddha,

Can you please tell me the RSS URL you supply to the feed reader?

I supplied below URL to my local RSS viewer but it never pulls any feeds.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/RSS-Feeds-not-working-36-hours/m-p/111836/highlight/true...

Thanks,

Tejas

blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
9 of 71

This is the Link

It still shows to be down with HTTP 503 error

jeribirkes
Community Guru
10 of 71

I reported this yesterday in the forum with only one response:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/RSS-Feeds-not-working-36-hours/m-p/111836/highlight/true...

Only 11 measley jobs were displaying in feedly at 5:00 AM EDT.

I contacted customer support yesterday where they said they would report to technology team. 

I have also noticed a significant decrease in job postings while using Upwork's extremely clunky job search option but there are at least more than 10 so I know it's a feed problem but there is alos something else going on (I have had very bad technology and customer support issues over the last 48 hours and can't help but wonder if all employer postings are actually being posted). 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS