Did you mean: 

RSS Feeds not working 36 hours

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
31 of 71

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

We have been informed by our engineering team that the RSS feeds should be back to normal. Could you please check if it's working for you and let us know if you are still experiencing issues?

Thank you for your cooperation!

Thanks for the heads up Valeria. I've been lurking in this thread and hoping for an update for days now. I can confirm that feeds are coming into my Mozilla Thunderbird RSS reader just before I posted this message. Not sure how well, but it typically takes 2-3 days for a big feed like mine to update fully.

drscripto
David M Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
32 of 71

Happy to report my RSS feed notification service has accepted the new link!

jeribirkes
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
33 of 71

Thank you Valeria. While some feeds are filtering through, I just did a test against saved keyword searches, and RSS feeds are still very weak in number compared to the jobs posting in the job feed. I will validate again in the morning to see if that makes a difference, and if not, delete all feeds and recreate them to see if that makes a difference. Thank you keeping this high on your list.

jeribirkes
Community Guru
34 of 71

Working 100 percent better--almost back to normal. Thanks!

jeribirkes
Community Guru
35 of 71

BROKE AGAIN ... UNABLE TO ADD RSS FEEDS.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
36 of 71

Hi Jeri,

Are you still having issues with the RSS feeds? I have checked with the engineers and they confirmed that it should be working fine and nothing has been changed. Please, let me know.

~ Valeria
Untitled
jeribirkes
Community Guru
37 of 71

Hi Valeria - 

I sure am. I have audited the actual postings in the Job Feed against what is hitting Feedly, and it is about 20 percent. 

I would actually recreate the feeds, except when I go to the Job Feed to recreate the search to create an RSS feed, the system does not create a feed that can integrate into feedly.

The indirect downside is that in the job feed search--for example--if I search on the word "writer"--the job feed actually states that there are no jobs for writers!!

Jeri

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
38 of 71

Thank you for following up, Jeri. I forwarded your report to our engineers. There may be an hour delay in generating feeds, but the team is planing to apply some updates to improve it.

I appreciate your cooperation.

~ Valeria
Untitled
sergeyarl
Sergey A Member Since: Sep 19, 2015
39 of 71

Hi! I use the following link to get rss feed from upwork. But it doesn't work almost all the time. I use NetNewsWire and NewsFire as RSS clients on my Mac.

Could you please tell if it is normal or RSS is going to be fixed? As far as I remember upwork/odesk always had issues with RSS. Or may be there is another way to be quickly informed about new projects?

Thank you.

--

Best regards,

Sergey Arlashin

99mohsin
Mohsin Z Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
40 of 71

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am having issue with Upwork RSS Jobs Feed with Outlook. I have added some favourite jobs to my Outlook RSS Feed and it works great and the recent update on the website have caused some issue and I am unable to get the updated list of my favourite jobs. Can you please restore the RSS section to the previous stage.

Thanks

Mohsin

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS