cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feeds not working 36 hours

wsh2
William H Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
41 of 71

I am a new UpWork freelancer, so it is with my very humble delight I tread in the presence of this forum's highly esteemed greatness.. {gentle smile}

I am an IFTTT user and cannot get the RSS feed to work. If I use, the RSS Feed hyperlink address IFTTT gives me a "Not Valid Feed" error message. However, if I use the Atom hyperlink address, IFTTT accepts it but then never executes it.

Which hyperlink address should I be using?

jeribirkes
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
42 of 71

New posters -- RSS feeds have been broken for almost a month. Upwork keeps saying it's fixed, but it's not AT ALL. I use to get about 200 feeds per day, at least, now it's 20. THEN, when trying to create NEW feeds (thinking that I need to RESET), even THAT is broken.

Forces us back to the highly clunky and broken job search; while I have saved keyword searches, I am clicking through each one manually. Why? Because MY JOB FEED is not picking up all the keyword searches that are set up!!

I am still totally baffled by the misinformation we are receiving and the inability for engineers to fix this issue. 

wsh2
William H Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
43 of 71

OUCH!.. the truth hurts.. {groan}.

Thank you for wrinting Jeri B.. {gentle smile}

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
44 of 71

Hi William, Jeri and others,

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues with setting up RSS feeds, I have forwarded you reports to the team and they are investigating.

There were a couple of changes in the RSS settings and they were made more recent. We will work to make sure it's functioning properly.

~ Valeria
Untitled
99mohsin
Mohsin Z Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
45 of 71

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the message, I hope that the feeds will start working again as expected.  Something went wrong in the upwork recent update. Please ask the team to restore or validate the feed as per W3C Validation.

Thanks Mohsin

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
46 of 71

Hi Jeri, Mohsin and others. 

Please, let us know if the RSS feeds have been functioning properly for you. I have been informed that some fixes were applied.

I am looking forward to your responses.

~ Valeria
Untitled
99mohsin
Mohsin Z Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
47 of 71

Dear Valeria,

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately the RSS feed issue isn't resolved yet. Please let me know if there is any additional information required.

Thanks
Mohsin

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
48 of 71

Thank you very much for your replies, Mohsin and Sergey. Could you please send me a private message here in the Community (just click on my name and then click "Send Private Message") with more information. Please provide the exact URL or which specific RSS you are using. I will gladly forward it to our engineers who are currently investigating the problem.

I appreciate your help.

~ Valeria
Untitled
sergeyarl
Sergey A Member Since: Sep 19, 2015
49 of 71

Hi Valeria,

No. Mine isn't working at all. More over the RSS URL now looks a bit strange.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sergey Arlashin

adrianobr
Adriano S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
50 of 71

My feeds are working, HOWEVER, they are delivered with a huge delay.

I used to be the first freelancer to bid on the most recent openings.

Now, whenever I reach for them, thirty minutes have already passed. I've tried several RSS apps, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. All of them are delivering late.

I work hard to get new jobs in Upwork, but this issue is getting on my nerves.

Anyone experiencing the same problem here?

What can we do about it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS