Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feeds not working 36 hours

99mohsin
Mohsin Z Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
51 of 71

Hi Adriano,

Thank you for the message, we all are having the same issue with Upwork RSS feeds and it is only updating once in an hour (i-e only getting 10 jobs after an hour and we are not able to get all of the jobs posted on upwork through RSS feeds)

Cheers
Mohsin

sergeyarl
Sergey A Member Since: Sep 19, 2015
52 of 71

sergeyarl
Sergey A Member Since: Sep 19, 2015
53 of 71

Valeria,

Only one of my RSS clients actually is able to get the RSS feed. It is NewsFire. When I try to get the feed with NetNewsWire it is not able to get the feed. It doesn't have issues with other sites though.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sergey Arlashin

99mohsin
54 of 71

Not working on my side, the issue is still there as you may notice that the feeds only get updates after an hour interval and with each feed update you may only be getting upto 10 of your favourite category jobs not the actual jobs posted on upwork under that category. for-example if 20+ jobs is posted on upwork in this hour for 'PHP' Skill and through RSS Feeds you will only be getting upto 10 jobs and rest of the jobs are skipped. I have closely monitor the update frequency and they have setup the frequency of update to an hour time-frame. 

As an example if all of you can check this feed url https://www.upwork.com/jobs/rss?qs=php (the content of this feed url updated once in an hour with upto 10 jobs and previously we all were getting the actual jobs that were posted on upwork).

adrianobr
Adriano S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
55 of 71

Hi, Mohsin!

I'm afraid we're not having the same issue.

My RSS feed (Feeder) apparently is showing me all the job positions.

Thing is they are coming with a 25-30 minutes delay. And that makes all the difference.

I have tried several other apps, but the problem remains.

Whenever I reach for the job page, there are already a lot of proposals.

I'm lacking that time advantage.

Hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Upwork is my one and only workplace.

99mohsin
56 of 71

Hi Adriano and others,

What I said that upwork has started updating RSS feed in an hour time-frame with upto 10 jobs. If the feed is updating after every hour from upwork side with upto 10 jobs then ofcourse you should be getting some of the jobs with 25-30 minutes delay. Rather than getting real-time updated jobs through RSS we all are getting the jobs with delayed (as the feed url is only updating after an hour upto 10 jobs). I was previously getting upto 20+ jobs for PHP Skills in an hour time frame and now getting only upto 10 jobs with the time-delayed. I hope that make sense?

Thanks

Mohsin

(I have attached a screenshot of RSS jobs feeds test and the published timestamp by upwork)

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
57 of 71

Hi Adriano and Mohsin,

We have plans to improve the recency of the RSS feeds in the near future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
99mohsin
58 of 71

Dear Valeria,

Any update?

Thanks

Mohsin

adshahid
Adnan S Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
59 of 71

Once odesk supposed to have instant Rss feeds ..... the day upwork came online the feeds has been real disapointment... so much delay in rss (for the new jobs) its really frustrating to go through site (page by page ) for new jobs....

PLEASE IMPROVE RSS FOR LIVE FEEDs..... Is it too hard ? 

tss93
Sergey T Member Since: Dec 1, 2015
60 of 71

Hello support, 

I am enraged by the situation with RSS feeds. I came here after Elance stated to have not too much new projects. Elance feeds worked perfectly - with yours I get the error after getting the first 10 projects.

Please fix it as soon as possible - I am relying on RSS feeds to look through projects and it is too much time consuming to sit an click trough every job through the site.

Yours Troitskiy Sergey 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS