Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feeds not working 36 hours

walkerrowe
Community Guru
Walker R Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
61 of 71

Like someone else said, it only shows 10 jobs and it only updates every 4 hours.  I opened a support ticket asking someone to fix it.

I have not found one for Ubuntu but there is an RSS reader for winders (I cannot remember the name) that lets you filter by text.  That's what you need.  Feedly and Feeder and meant for people reading the news and has no feeder.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
62 of 71

Hi All,

We have got a confirmation from our developers that RSS feeds show 10 jobs by design. The feeds are intended to provide you with the most recent job postings only. We've shared your input on wanting to see more jobs in this list.

~ Valeria
Untitled
walkerrowe
Community Guru
Walker R Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
63 of 71

But the issue is (was) how frequently that RSS data it updated. It should take the newest 10 jobs.  Last week or so it was only updating every hour.  I just ran it and the first job show was from 10 minutes ago.  So if that is the case then it must be working correctly in that it is popping off the list the most recent 10.

However, that number 10 is just an arbitrary number.  Why not make is 100 so that it can be useful to people.  If it was 100 they could check it a couple of times per day.  At 10 they would have to check about every 30 minutes or so.  Those using RSS readers who did not check every 30 minutes would lose out on what was older than 10 jobs ago.

There's no technical reason for 10.  Go to bat Valeria for the freelancers and explain to those techies that it's not even worth using as it it written now.

regards,

Walker 

workiww
Navjot S Member Since: Jan 8, 2016
64 of 71

is this fixed?

1. RSS 10 jobs only

2. late updates coming

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
65 of 71

Hi Navjot,

We have got a confirmation from our developers that RSS feeds show 10 jobs by design. The feeds are intended to provide you with the most recent job postings only. The team is currently working on improving the system so the updates to the feed are more recent.

Thank you for your feedback

~ Valeria
Untitled
adrianobr
Adriano S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
66 of 71

My feeds are showing with a 15-30 min. delay.

When I go to check them, there are already dozens of proposals sent.

And the problem is not from my side, because I use RSS on my smartphone as well, and the same problem happens.

Also, the website has been so unstable in the past months.

I keep getting those apologies and "funny" error messages.

This is extremely frustrating.

kwelliott89
Kevin E Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
67 of 71
Is this still an ongoing issue? My feed does not work on Chrome and this chain is 6 years old?
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
68 of 71

Hi Kevin, 

This thread was just from September of last year. I checked your account and can see that you did not setup your Job Feed, and your RSS and/or Atom Feed. 

You may check this help article to help you setup your feeds. Let us know if you have further questions. 

-Avery
Untitled
coolhead
ahmad s Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
69 of 71

Again it's not working. Until today it is 11 days not working.  Current, RSS feed link is not valid....

a1-analytics
Ace Contributor
Gregory John G Member Since: Mar 27, 2018
70 of 71

I stopped receiving RSS feeds via IFTTT at 4:06 PM yesterday.  Customer support tells me that there are several tickets related to this and even IFTTT has contacted Upwork because they are also getting customer support calls.  Engineers at Upwork appear to be working on this because the problem does not reside with IFTTT.  I use two separate RSS feed applets there, and both stopped working at 4:06 and 5:09 pm yesterday.  If IFTTT can provide this as a free service, I don't see why Upwork doesn't just build an email alert or WhatsApp notification system on their own.  They provide RSS/Atom feeds, but what good are they if they are down?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS