🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: RSS button does not work
Page options
dana_may
Community Member

RSS button does not work

I have clicked the RSS button when I have done a search, but all I am getting is a page of jibber afterwards - so therefore not letting me save the search - can someone help?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dana,

What RSS reader are you using? We could look into how saving RSS feeds works for that reader together. Generally, you'd need a third-party feed reader to save feeds to. Usually, you'd use the URL that shows for the page that you're referring to, to save the feed.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dana,

Can you please try saving a job search to your RSS or Atom feed as explained here and let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue? Also, please check the ''Save a job search to your job feed'' section of the previously shared article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dana_may
Community Member

Yes I do that – I press the RSS button, and the next thing that comes onto
the page is jibberish – as per below.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dana,

What RSS reader are you using? We could look into how saving RSS feeds works for that reader together. Generally, you'd need a third-party feed reader to save feeds to. Usually, you'd use the URL that shows for the page that you're referring to, to save the feed.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dana_may
Community Member

I am not using a reader - I am simply pressing the RSS button on my search, and instead of the next following steps

Subscribe to an RSS Feed from a webpage
  1. On a webpage, choose the RSS Feed icon

2. When the RSS Feed opens in Internet Explorer, choose Subscribe to this feed.

I am getting a page of jibberish instead - there is no feed that opens?

Do I need to download a reader or something?

sorry - I am an idiot - I needed to download a RSS feeder. Now all that jibberish has turned to a feed! thank you for your help! 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths