cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racism

nicklancaster

What should I do if someone invites me to work but is then insulting, racist and rude? 

They asked for free consultation and then blocked me!

6 REPLIES 6
jmlaidlaw
Community Guru

Report it to Client Services with links/screenshots!

kat303
Community Guru

@Nick L wrote:

What should I do if someone invites me to work but is then insulting, racist and rude? 

They asked for free consultation and then blocked me!

It all depends on knowing exactly what was said. I'm sure that insulting, racist and rude remarks didn't come out of the blue.  Of course a client should not have to resort to that, They are not professional, but Something had to bring that on IMO.

carolyngomes
Community Guru

Hi Nick,

I am sorry to hear you had this experience. If a client approaches you to ask for free work, or is abusive toward you, we have a department called Marketplace Quality that investigates these matters. 

I will take care of this for you, but if you encounter anything else like this, you can submit a customer service request here.

~Carolyn
Upwork

How should I proceed in regards to yesterday's incident?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Nick L wrote:

How should I proceed in regards to yesterday's incident?

You should report the client and provide evidence for your accusation with screenshots. Nothing else, the client has blocked you already. I hope this helps. I do not think you want to work for him anymore.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

A couple of posts have been removed from this thread because they were off topic.

Nick, please refer to Carolyn's reply earlier on this thread.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS