jets_artisto
Community Member

Raise invoice

How to raise invoice in Upwork?

9 REPLIES 9
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Ahsan,

You can download PDF versions of your invoices to clients. You can view and download your invoices to clients in your transaction history.

~ Riri
petra_r
Community Member

Ahsan A wrote:

How to raise invoice in Upwork?

You've never been hired, so you can't.

bb29da59
Community Member

Hello Petra, A client is saying she would hire me tomorrow. When do I raise Invoice? Devayani

Hi Devayani,

Invoices are generated automatically, all billings on your Transaction Report have official invoices that can be downloaded or printed. When working with a client, they need to send you an offer and, once you accept it, the contract will be created. You can check your active contract on the My Jobs page.

Invoices are for record-keeping purposes only. The finance system charges a client's billing method automatically whenever the client has a balance due.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I am a new freelancer from India. My GST registration is in process and hence not updated on my profile. Consequently, my first invoice does not have my GST number. Can I get revised invoice after I update GST number?

Thanks in advance

Devayani

Hello Andrea,

Thank you very much for your guidance. I am a new freelancer from India. My GST registration is in process and hence not updated on my profile. Consequently, my first invoice does not have my GST number. Can I get revised invoice after I update GST number?

Thanks in advance

Devayani

Hi Devayani,

I'm afraid it isn't possible. The invoices are generated with the tax information available at the time of the transaction and it's not possible to update them retrospectively. It's going to be visible once you've added it to your account.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bb29da59
Community Member

Thanks Luiggie for responding. I read somewhere in the community that I can give refund and ask for payment again to client. (In the case that I read, contract amount was incorrect) can I also try it after I receive my GST number?
4fc4e354
Community Member

Hi Ahsan,

You can generate invoices by yourself with unique number to be uploaded on GST portal( if you have GST registration) by giving reference to upwork invoice.

I hope that I have solved your query and in case you are still not satisfied you can drop me a message on upwork.

Regards

CA Shrey Salecha

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths