🐈 Community

Raising Rates for Longterm Clients

What are your thoughts for raising rates for longterm, ongoing clients? One of my clients is essentially an employer at this point: I've been working with them for about 4 years. Would you raise your rates or nah?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mthornton-cpc

Lindsey, have you been working at the same rate for those 4 years? If so, they've been getting quite a deal. A long term relationship is a great opportunity to increase your rates. Demonstrate your value, outline a few high points of how you make their jobs easier/faster/more efficient. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lindsey,

In addition to comments other members of the Community will post here, I encourage you to check this thread out about the same topic.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mthornton-cpc

Lindsey, have you been working at the same rate for those 4 years? If so, they've been getting quite a deal. A long term relationship is a great opportunity to increase your rates. Demonstrate your value, outline a few high points of how you make their jobs easier/faster/more efficient. 

If you have been working with them for 4 years take them off of Upwork and work with them directly and save the 20% Upwork fee, in effect giving yourself a raise without costing your clients anything. I have recently done that to all my clients that are past the 2 year window.

Thanks.  That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29