🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Rating Drop
Page options
cooldeb
Community Member

Rating Drop

I have five 5 star ratings and one 4.3. I had FINALLY received Top Rated. So why did my rating drop from 90% to 75% with, presumably the 4.3? 7/10 of a point drops you 15%? Why?

9 REPLIES 9
florydev
Community Member

Debbie S wrote:

I have five 5 star ratings and one 4.3. I had FINALLY received Top Rated. So why did my rating drop from 90% to 75% with, presumably the 4.3? 7/10 of a point drops you 15%? Why?

First you are Top Rated, did you just lose it because of the drop?  Because you can use this:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228

If you drop out of the Top Rated program because of a dip in your JSS, you have two weeks from your status loss date to submit a feedback removal request. Please submit a screenshot of the email you received confirming you have lost your Top Rated status with your feedback removal request.

So if you believe that is the cause then I would whack it and soon.

However, I do find your JSS confusing and perhaps someone else will come along with a better explanation...because your JSS should be the best of your 6 month, 12 month, 24 month aggregate.  I can guess that maybe you did not have enough jobs in the other time frames to have a score.

petra_r
Community Member

With only 5 (or is it 6?) completed jobs on your profile each represents 20% of your total.

That said, why do I not see a contract with a 4.3 on your profile? (the stars are pretty irrelevant by the way, what really counts is the private feedback) Did you fully refund that contract?

When did that happen (the end of that contract and the loss of your top rated status?)

You only have 2 weeks from your JSS dropping below 90+ to use your top rated perk.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Debbie S wrote:

Private feedback. What is your "clients that would recommend you" number?

Martina P wrote:

Debbie S wrote:

Private feedback. What is your "clients that would recommend you" number?

Fairly irrelevant as it does not update after every contract.

adebakaazi
Community Member

Hello! I am having the same issue. I was having a JSS of 91% and after getting 3 feedback (5 stars), my JSS dropped to 89% after some days. Can anyone please guide me on this issue?

One or more of your clients has left less than perfect private feedback. The stars you see are just for show and don't contribute to JSS.

Here's the good news - you are (were) top-rated so you will hopefully have a perk available. You have two weeks afters dropping below 90% to use your perk. The most obvious feedback to use it on is the client who left 4.2 stars **BUT** there is no guarantee of removing the right one.

Thanks. But one more thing, I had 100% JSS and after getting that 4.2-star feedback I dropped to 89%, after a week it went up to 91%, but after getting 3 projects done with 5-star feedback it again dropped to 89%. This is the main issue.

Like I said. One or more of your clients has probably left you poor *private* feedback. The stars don't count.

adebakaazi
Community Member

alright thanks for the help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths