🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Re:Bring Your Own Client
Page options
muhammadtoshi
Community Member

Re:Bring Your Own Client

1-Lemme know that if a client was working already but after some time his/her profile have been disabled and  that client want to create a new profile so, that client would be considered as a new client on upwork?

2- can i bring him/her as a new client with 0% fee ?

3- Can 2 freelancers Re:Bring him/her as a new client at the same time(I man if any other freelancer Re:bring to that client as a new client before me so, i can also Re:Bring that client as my new client by starting first and new project with him/her)?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad T wrote:

If that client have no anymore access, even contacted to upwork support but have disabled by upwork permanenly due to any problem so, in this case what he/she should do?

The client needs to use a different platform.

If you try and sneak back a suspended client you could be putting your own account at HUGE risk of being removed from the platform permanently yourself.

In general, freelancers need to stay as far away from suspended users as humanly possible to avoid having their own account seen to be associated with a banned user.

It does not tend to end well and is too often followed by a "My account has been suspended for NO REASON" post....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad T wrote:

1-Lemme know that if a client was working already but after some time his/her profile have been disabled and  that client want to create a new profile so, that client would be considered as a new client on upwork?

2- can i bring him/her as a new client with 0% fee ?

3- Can 2 freelancers Re:Bring him/her as a new client at the same time(I man if any other freelancer Re:bring to that client as a new client before me so, i can also Re:Bring that client as my new client by starting first and new project with him/her)?

1- That client is not allowed to create a new profile, and no, that client (obviously) would not be considered a new client.

2- No (and it can be a very damaging move to be seen to be involved with a client who is violating ToS)

3-  Obviously not.

If that client have no anymore access, even contacted to upwork support but have disabled by upwork permanenly due to any problem so, in this case what he/she should do?

Muhammad T wrote:

The client needs to use a different platform.

If you try and sneak back a suspended client you could be putting your own account at HUGE risk of being removed from the platform permanently yourself.

In general, freelancers need to stay as far away from suspended users as humanly possible to avoid having their own account seen to be associated with a banned user.

It does not tend to end well and is too often followed by a "My account has been suspended for NO REASON" post....

Thanks for your guidance, i never wanna start any project with such a client due to whom my own account can be affected. Thanks again!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members