🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bring Your Own Clients to Upwork Promo
Page options
sumonsarkar123
Community Member

Re: Bring Your Own Clients to Upwork Promo

Hello Sir,
I'm really in a problem. Here one of my Client sent me a direct offer of $10 with a simple work, and I accepted it. And after the work 95% done I showed it to him, and he said everything looks good. And after the whole work complete I requested for payment with a short message " Hello Sir, your task is complete. Please check and let me know if need to edit anymore." and attached his complete work. And after some time he accepted my payment request and ended the contract, without any message. And after I gave him feedback, I saw he just given me 4 star out of 5. So I ask the Client "Hello Sir, when everything is fine, then why you give me just 4 star out of 5? He replied I'm sorry! I thought I gave you 5. So I asked him again Sir do you really want to give me 5? And he replied in the affirmative Yes- Of course, and he also praised of my work." So I enabled him to change the feedback. But after 14 days still he didn't change it. And didn't any message me in this 14 days.
Please tell me, what should I do now?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sumon S wrote:

Hello Sir,
I'm really in a problem. Here one of my Client sent me a direct offer of $10 with a simple work, and I accepted it. And after the work 95% done I showed it to him, and he said everything looks good. And after the whole work complete I requested for payment with a short message " Hello Sir, your task is complete. Please check and let me know if need to edit anymore." and attached his complete work. And after some time he accepted my payment request and ended the contract, without any message. And after I gave him feedback, I saw he just given me 4 star out of 5. So I ask the Client "Hello Sir, when everything is fine, then why you give me just 4 star out of 5? He replied I'm sorry! I thought I gave you 5. So I asked him again Sir do you really want to give me 5? And he replied in the affirmative Yes- Of course, and he also praised of my work." So I enabled him to change the feedback. But after 14 days still he didn't change it. And didn't any message me in this 14 days.

Leave him alone and focus on other jobs. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sumon S wrote:

Hello Sir,

Leave him alone and focus on other jobs. 

hoyle_editing
Community Member

Nothing you can do - youve asked the client, its now up to them to change it. If you pester them the are probably less likely to do it.

As you are in the design field i think you have to accept that a certain amount of your work is subjective. What you consider fantastic may be slightly different to how a client feels - just because they are happy with it doesnt mean they were as excited about the job as they perhaps hoped to be.

Forget about it and move on - focus on making future work even better and building more feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths