» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client issue
Page options
dzadza
Community Member

Re: Client issue

ARSALAN K wrote:

Hi,

I need your help guys

I recently design a ebook covers for **edited for Community Guidelines** . After submitted with final files.

And thn he tell me you stole the images and Im not able to use files. But fact is he is already get all final files from me. & he buy the images and get license.

And now he send me refund request.

But contract is now ended & I return all amount accept $20 which is I sibmitted him with final files.

And now he message me I want that $20 to.

Looking fwd to hear from you !

one question - is that the client who posted the job with $2000 budget and then decided to pay $20?
For Ebooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks (fiction and non-fiction) - asking you to purchase images from Shutterstock - where 10 images are $29?
He basically asked you to pay $9 out of your own pocket and provide him with 3 book covers... and you're surprised  he wants his $20 back?
His whole job posting just screams bad client...

6 REPLIES 6
arsalan-co
Community Member

Hi,

I need your help guys

I recently design a ebook covers for **edited for Community Guidelines** . After submitted with final files.

And thn he tell me you stole the images and Im not able to use files. But fact is he is already get all final files from me. & he buy the images and get license.

And now he send me refund request.

But contract is now ended & I return all amount accept $20 which is I sibmitted him with final files.

And now he message me I want that $20 to.

Looking fwd to hear from you !

If you did the work, you should get paid for your work.

Some clients are just playing games, trying to get work for free.

Do not refund money to people like that. It is bad for all of us if clients come to Upwork, hire freelancers to do work for them, and and then ask for their oney back after receiving the work.

Say no to refunds. We don't need 1% of clients ruining things for everybody.

He also request a link for refund ?

Is that automatic deducton in few days from my account ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ARSALAN,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you have with your client. To learn more how you`re protected on fixed-price contracts, check out this Help Article.

If you agree to refund the money, you can issue the refund directly from the request in Messages. If you decide not to refund, the client may seek mediation assistance from Upwork. If that happens, Upwork team will reach out to you directly!

To learn more about disputes check out this Thread, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
arsalan-co
Community Member

Yes! Same client

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry that the posts got all jumbled up. I was moving the thread to the Freelancer board, when I realized it was only Sanja's post that was moved. I had to merge everything and the posts got jumbled in the process. 

ARSALAN, I hope you were able to check Bojan's post and refer to the links he's noted in case. Hopefully, it helps you decide on how you can move forward with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members