cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can i get my first job

mayen89
H M M Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
1 of 6

I became member of oDesk. Since then I am a very active member , I have attended some of the tests also and successfully get a good score,but I am not getting any job.Can somebody look at my profile and tell me if I need to change anything....Please help me on this.

ericagulto
Rodrigo A Member Since: Nov 27, 2014
2 of 6

Which jobs are you looking for? If you're looking for admin support jobs I suggest you work on getting better test scores for English spelling and vocabulary.

lyambarreau
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

You need to revise your profile and edit it. The first line of your profile states that you "usually" try to provide 100% accurate work. 

I'd help you write your profile but I think it's only fair clients should see a true reflection of the freelancer's ability to write. 

Do a little research and try to construct, punctuate and reword your profile better.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

mayen89
H M M Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
4 of 6

i have changed my overview please look at my profile and tell me that is right or wrong .

sofiajamal
Sofia L Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 6

i am new one does clients must contact me first to work or i must look for opportunities ? . and to get payed i can be payed by western union ?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

Sofiastein: welcome to oDesk.

re: "Do clients contact me first?"

You are new, with no track record. No client with a legitimate job is going to contact you.

re: "...or must I look for opportunities?"

Yes. You will need to apply to jobs. Before you do so, however, I want to you spend at least 12 hours reading through various community forum threads in an effort to learn more about oDesk. You are currently not ready to apply for jobs.

re: "Can I be pay paid via Western Union"

I don't think so.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS