🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to contact Upwork customer service su...
Page options
junecb
Community Member

Re: How to contact Upwork customer service support?

I can not find the answer to this question, or a way to communicate with Upwork. I found this by accident so I hope it works. 

When I try to submit a proposal, I get this message:

"You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

• Earnings: At Least 1000"

Am I wasting my connects submitting this?

How is it possible to get work so I can have some earnings to apply for these jobs?

Thank you.

June 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

June B wrote:

Am I wasting my connects submitting this?

It's a preference, not a requirement. You can still apply and no, it's not a waste of time of you are a great fit in all other aspects. Just go for it! 

Hello, I'm new to freelancing.  I'm having a hard time contacting someone to get a thorough overview of the process.  I worked last week just 10 hours, however, I'm not sure where I go from here.  Can you please give me some direction?

Hi Sylvia,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Once you start working on an Hourly contract you should be using The Upwork Desktop App to log your working hours.  Please this article to learn how to log time using this app. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sylvia M wrote:

Hello, I'm new to freelancing.  I'm having a hard time contacting someone to get a thorough overview of the process.  I worked last week just 10 hours, however, I'm not sure where I go from here.  Can you please give me some direction?

Sylvia, you need to stop working immediately because you do not have an active contract, meaning there is no way to log hours and no way to get paid. Stop working and tell the client they need to send an offer. 

This is why I wanted to talk to someone to get clearly. Thank you!
fcca14
Community Member

June, you will receive such msg only when the client has specifically put his/her preference. There are many jobs offered on upwork where client is asking from general public and is not inclined towards any favorites/ preferences. You can choose to bid on those projects.

secondly, in case of need that you want to contact UW, go to the bottom of the page, in dark highlighted area, choose Help & Support, then you reach a page having general contents, if yours is not one of them, again scroll down till you find two boxes at end of the page, either choose Contact Us, or for instant chat choose the other box, Ask Data.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths