cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PayPal Delay

synthmeat
Ante P Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
21 of 28

PayPal had ongoing maintenance today, it is possible that's related. I'm impacted as well, but I wouldn't worry about it and think simple waiting will help.

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.55.18.png

slavenac
Ace Contributor
Tomislav R Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
22 of 28

Hi I did not wanted to send questions here, but you have this robot, bot for talk and it is very hard to get some answer today on Up Work support.

Why I am waiting money from Up Work to get to my Pay Pal so long?

I transfer today the money before 2 hours, money is still not on my Pay Pal, why is this?

Thanks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 28

Tomislav R wrote:

Why I am waiting money from Up Work to get to my Pay Pal so long?

I transfer today the money before 2 hours, money is still not on my Pay Pal, why is this?

PayPal are having maintanance, and it can, on rare occasions, take up to 24 hours anyway.

Tomislav R wrote:

Hi I did not wanted to send questions here, but you have this robot, bot for talk and it is very hard to get some answer today on Up Work support.

This really isn't anything to contact Support for anyway, they can't speed it up.

slavenac
Ace Contributor
Tomislav R Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
24 of 28

So you believe this is the problem from Pay Pal?

Strange, in the last 2 years, every time I am doing this, when I withdraw the money from Up Work to my Pay Pal, always I got money in 1 till 10 minutes, now first neither now I did not got the money on my Pay Pal account.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 28

Tomislav R wrote:

Strange, in the last 2 years, every time I am doing this, when I withdraw the money from Up Work to my Pay Pal, always I got money in 1 till 10 minutes, 

It's taken a few hours a couple of times for me, and a day once. Lots of people are reporting the same.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
26 of 28

Hello All,

We’ve received a confirmation that the root cause of this issue has been resolved. The delayed withdrawals will be processed within 24 hours. In case your withdrawal is returned to your Upwork account, please reattempt the withdrawal.

We appreciate your patience while we were addressing this issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

mooncatventure
Michelle C Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
27 of 28

AFFECTED COMPONENTS
Getting Paid,Making Payments

UPDATE
This issue is now resolved.

Apparrenly the issue with Upwork was resolved but been back and forth with CS and can't get an answer when they willl retry the transfer.

Recall Upwork no longer does ACH so this type of direct transfer should be easy to resolve.

But I keep getting the same wait 24 hour canned line from upwork

I guess maybe emailing higher management might be in order, definitely will esculate through the paypal side if I don't hear back soon.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 28

Hi Michelle,

I've merged your post into this thread where the issue with PayPal withdrawals was being discussed. Please, refer to my post here for the recent status:

Valeria K. wrote:

Hello All,

We’ve received a confirmation that the root cause of this issue has been resolved. The delayed withdrawals will be processed within 24 hours. In case your withdrawal is returned to your Upwork account, please reattempt the withdrawal.

We appreciate your patience while we were addressing this issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS