🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: To all freelancers looking for help
Page options
44e36790
Community Member

Re: To all freelancers looking for help

Hello. I received an email from Upwork saying I have been given the chance to get skill certified. I'm a Scriptwriter. When I clicked on the link there was no option of a Scriptwriting skill there. What do I do to get a skill certification on Scriptwriting?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Anthony, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that we don’t have an Upwork Skill Certification available for Scriptwriting skills at this time. You can find more information in this help articleAdditionally, you can check the Upwork Skill Certifications page for updates. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Anthony, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that we don’t have an Upwork Skill Certification available for Scriptwriting skills at this time. You can find more information in this help articleAdditionally, you can check the Upwork Skill Certifications page for updates. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
celgins
Community Member

Anthony,

According to Upwork, skill certifications are offered by invitation only and the skill certifications that are currently available are in Web & Mobile Software Development and Design & Creative.

The screenshot you provided with the invite sounds like a Software Development skill certification, so maybe Upwork's invitation algorithm chose your profile because of your Computer Science degree, and not your main profile title.

12e0f9f2
Community Member

Scriptwriter Skill Certification

User

Re: To all freelancers looking for help

Hello. I received an email from Upwork saying I have been given the chance to get skill certified. I'm a Scriptwriter. When I clicked on the link there was no option of a Scriptwriting skill there. What do I do to get a skill certification on Scriptwriting?

ChatGPT

Congratulations on being given the chance to get skill certified on Upwork! Skill certifications can be valuable for showcasing your expertise and increasing your chances of landing relevant projects.

If you couldn't find the "Scriptwriting" skill option when you clicked on the link, there could be a few reasons for this:

Limited Skill Availability: Upwork periodically updates the list of available skill certifications based on market demand and other factors. It's possible that "Scriptwriting" is not currently included in the available skill certifications. In this case, you might need to wait until it becomes available or consider certifying in a related skill if applicable.

Alternative Categorization: Sometimes, certain skills might be categorized differently on Upwork. For example, "Scriptwriting" might be listed under "Content Writing," "Creative Writing," or another related category. It's worth exploring different categories to see if your skill is listed there.

To proceed, you can take the following steps:

Contact Upwork Support: If you're unable to find the "Scriptwriting" skill certification option, reach out to Upwork support directly. Explain the situation and inquire about the availability of the certification for your specific skill. They may provide you with further guidance or information about when it will be available.

Explore Related Skills: If "Scriptwriting" isn't available as a standalone skill, consider exploring related skills that might be relevant to your expertise. For example, as a scriptwriter, you could look into certifications for "Content Writing," "Creative Writing," "Screenwriting," or "Copywriting," depending on your specific focus.

Check for Updates: The availability of skill certifications can change over time, so it's a good idea to periodically check Upwork for any updates to the skill certification options.

Remember that skill certifications are just one aspect of building a successful freelance career. Having a strong portfolio, positive reviews, and relevant experience can also greatly contribute to your success on Upwork. Keep refining your profile and showcasing your talent to attract clients in your area of expertise. Best of luck with your freelancing journey!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths