cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Welcome to the oDesk Community!

Highlighted
Mazed H Member Since: Jan 5, 2015
1 of 4
i became Odesk member scince 1 years . but i can't complete my pfofile 100% . I have good professional skills. but i can't pass any skill test. after passing so many time one of my brother hire as a contract he will bid for job & i will work for him but 50 % will pay me. I also bided so many don't get any job. any one suggest me how can i pass skill test & bid for work & get job. Please help me.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Um... Mazed... You copied a posting from 8 postings earlier in this thread, and pasted it here in the same thread? So... if I understand this correctly, you and Badrul both have exactly the same situation, in which you are incapable of passing a single skills test after a long period of time (Badrul for 4 years, you for 1 year), and you both have the same weird arrangement agreeing to work (and violate oDesk policies) with your brothers?

And so you thought: Why bother to type a whole paragraph explaining your coincidentally identical situation in your own words, when you can simply copy Badrul's paragraph and change his "4" years to your "1" year of total lack of success.

I have to give you credit, you are extremely economical when it comes to key strokes. (If computers in your country charge per keystroke, then you are definitely saving some cash!)

You do realize, don't you, that you are copying from somebody who has been on oDesk for 4 years and has never had a single job? Somebody who writes "English sentences" in which the ratio of correct to incorrect words (with respect to spelling or usage) is roughly 50%?

And your goal (according to your profile) is to earn $10 per hour working as in intermediary between a company and its clients?

There are many oDeskers who post in these community forums who have more kindness and tact than I do, but I will provide you with the greatest advice anybody will give you: You are wasting your time trying to work on Odesk.

This is not your calling. There are great things in your future in real world, doing genuine, meaningful work not on this website, not online, and not involving the English language. I wish you well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
3 of 4

Kudos for PH!

LOL ... To the point, but still polite!

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Mazed,

Please, never work for a client on oDesk without having your own individual contract with that client. You cannot work on your brother's contract. I understand it can be hard to get your first job on the platform, but please be mindful of the sites Terms of Service.

Here is a helpful thread for you to check.

Thank you 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS