Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-submit profile endless loop?

kaiyes
Kaiyes A Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
1 of 20

hi,

One of my client asked me to open up an account here so that he can pay me through here. He invited me to his job and I have accepted that. No problame there. But after I have made my profile and done submitting, it just comes out and says

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And no matter what I do, it keeps repeating it. My profile shows 100% is done. I even took 2 exams. But no matter what I do, the same "we have reviewd..." keeps coming back. I even submitted tickets twice but it came back with same " we have reviewed ....".

Can the moderators help please ? This is my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013b85773104954b58

Regards

Kaiyes

kaiyes
2 of 20

Kaiyes Ansary   Full Stack web Developer   Upwork Freelancer from Dhaka  Bangladesh.png

kaiyes
3 of 20

so this the 9th time I have re submitted my progile (each time changed something). And instantly I get this auto message in gmail , 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 20

What is wrong with Upwork that it keeps refusing qualified freelancers? It lets in millions of people wanting to do data entry, many of whom are simply scam bait. It is incomprehensible

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 20

I'm surprised there isn't a streamlined process for freelancers that are specifically invited by clients.  Is that the case?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 20

Speaking practically, there may need to be a dollar threshhold.

Because, otherwise, the system could be rigged.

Imagine this:

"John X" is really not very skilled, but "John" wants to be a contractor on Upwork. "John" knows that Upwork is cracking down and rejecting would-be contractors who have little to offer.

So "John" creates (on his own, or with the help of a friend) a client profile: "Fred."

"Fred" now invites "John" to do a project.

Because Upwork has a "loophole" that fast-tracks contractors invited by clients into the marketplace, "John" is now a full-fledged member of the marketplace, although he don't really deserve to be.

"Fred" pays "John" for ten minutes of work, a tiny sum, and is never heard from again.

So, in my hypoethetical scenario, using hypothetical rules and people, there is a system by which contractors invited by clients are fast-tracked into the marketplace. But that system is being manipulated and used in a dishonest way.

But what if the system is unnecessarily blocking freelancers who really are being invited by clients and really should be fast-tracked to be able to work within Upwork?

So an alternative is this:

There still checks and balances. Profiles can still be checked to see if they are "offering skills that are in demand within Upwork."

But contractors can be invited to work a client's project without any difficulties, without really needing to "qualify." It's money for Upwork. It's all fine.

Then, if the contractor wants to access the general marketplace, they would need to go through the checks and be approved...

...but after a certain dollar amount, Upwork just figures, you know what? They paid their dues. This isn't a sham contractor/client relationship, or even if it is, it netted us this much money, so it's worth it to us to let them in.

A dollar amount could be set high enough that it would realistically filter out all or nearly all sham hirings.

For example, if an invited contractor earned $1000 working for a client, then that's $100 (ten percent) for Upwork, and that's going to be a lot more money than an unqualified wannabe is going to spend just to access the marketplace.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
7 of 20

Ah, that makes sense.

This is why we can't have nice things.

kaiyes
8 of 20

that makes sense !!

So I guess I will have to wait until I make my first $1000 from this one client ?

Or ~$200 will suffice for now? Because thats what my current client's deal with me is !

Regards,

Kaiyes

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 20

re: "So I guess I will have to wait until I make my first $1000 from this one client ?"

I have no idea. I was postulating a hypothetical rule. I don't know what Upwork's actual policies are in this matter.

kaiyes
10 of 20

Thanks for answering !!

Well, I can access the job I was invited to. I was able to accept the invitation as well.

Problem is, I can't make proposals to any other job.  It comes and gives me the error message below. Since I was able to accept my client's invitation, my progile should now be complete, at least thats what I thought. But why do I have this error then ? I have completed everything !!!

k.png

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS