🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Reactivate an old account
Page options
wwwwhmail
Community Member

Reactivate an old account

Hello!

I created an account on Upwork some time ago, and now I want to use it again. I don't know if the original account was closed by me or if it just expired, but I cannot reuse my email address or my username for a new account. Please assist.

78 REPLIES 78
JoanneP

Hi Ww,

Can you please send me a PM with your old account details so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello!

I tried to PM you, but got "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.". Is there a support email address I could send those details to?

Hi Ww,

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! A friend of mine is asking for help regarding his account. He created his account years back and wants to reactivate it again. However, he can't access it beacuse it is inactive. He can't send an email himself because he can't create a new account with his previous emails. Here is his email: **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Regine,

The account you referred to is reinstated, as per user's request via email. Please advise your friend to reach out to us if they need any further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for the fast response Bojan!

Hello @Bojan. 

I have a similar problem, and also cannot send you a PM as I am notified to have restricted access.

In my case, I have a freelancer account which i used last year and had not used it the whole of this year.  I would like to use it again but noticed it is asking me to reactivate my account; even though I see that all my previous information is still stored.

Kindly advise if after I reactivate, will my profile be treated as a new account? And in that regard also incur the service fees of a new account? or will it continue considering my previous Upwork history?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Victor,

Could you please try to update your profile and resubmit it again for review? Please let us know once you have resubmitted it so we can check. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,
I have a serious query regarding my account. I want to close my upwork account and In future, can I reopen my same account with the same reputation and contacts ? Do you delete a closed account permanently after a period of time, if the account is in a closed state ?

Hi Sandeep,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Joanne!

I'm facing the same issue or something like this as my profile is shown as private. Kindly help me out with this.

Shanza.

Hi Shanza,

Thank you for your message. Could you please clarify your question further?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b6fb83ab
Community Member

I'm having problems logging back in to my account. It is telling me that the username is not found. I wanted to reactivate that account. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawn,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
042918ab
Community Member

Hi Joanne, Hi Bojan,
I have a similar request for a friend of mine.
He likes to reactivate his account. Is that possible? How can we help him?

Many thanks,

Valentina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valentina,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
innovias
Community Member

I need to edit my phone number because I went to create an agency account and then I found out that I had to have a personal account before I could do that. I created a new profile with my personal email and now I cannot continue on that account because my phone number is linked to this account. I cannot change my phone number because my profile is still in the setup phase

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elliot,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hristina
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

my husband have similar issue with his accout. Is it possible to re-activate his Upwork account?

Thanks,

Hristina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hristina,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss details of another user’s account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
usama_9
Community Member

I want to reinstate an old account, but can not PM you as my this account is suspended.

Hi Usama,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a4a570cb
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am experiencing the same issue. I would like to reactive my old account. 

Hi Sara,

I'd be happy to assist you with your request. Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi.. My friend's profile got de-activate as he was not using his profile for sometime so now he want to re-activate it but username is not working now .. could you please help us in this 

His Profile is**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Anjali,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist your friend directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanne .. I'll wait for their positive response!

Joanne, i have not been able to use my account for a long time. May I ask for your help to reninstate my account please?

Edmar Guerrero
Freelance Data Encoder

Hi Edmar,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
a4a570cb
Community Member

Can you please help me reactivate an old account?

Hi Sara,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
84f74633
Community Member

Hi, Could you please me as well to activate my old account?

Hi Quratulain,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
6d9646b8
Community Member

Hello, I need help with my boss's account (**Edited for community guidelines**). I disable his account because he wanted to change his username to Growth Riders (as his company name). Now I can't reuse the email for a new account. Could you please help me with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alejandra,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into your request and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a9ee4223
Community Member

i have cloes my old account but i want to reactivate again can you help me in that pleas 

Hi Ghada, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8a84ebfa
Community Member

Hi, I am not able to submit proposals too, maybe because of inactivity in account. Would you help me please?

Hi Dev,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths