🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reactivate an old account
Page options
wwwwhmail
Community Member

Reactivate an old account

Hello!

I created an account on Upwork some time ago, and now I want to use it again. I don't know if the original account was closed by me or if it just expired, but I cannot reuse my email address or my username for a new account. Please assist.

78 REPLIES 78
edmarguerrero
Community Member

Hello,

I hhave not been able to use my account since the first time I registered. now I', having issues managing my account and it seems like my profile is no longer active. Is there any way I could reactivate it? 

Thank you!

Edmar Guerrero
Freelance Data Encoder
c092c841
Community Member

Hi, 
I would like to request some help to reactivate my old Upwork Account. I've used it in 2022 and want to be active in Upwok again. 
Thank you so much. 

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c092c841
Community Member

Hi, 
I would like to request some help to reactivate my old Upwork Account. I've used it in 2020 and want to be active in Upwok again. 
Thank you so much. 

grijal
Community Member

Hi, can you please help me reactivate my old account?

Hi Gyanendra,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that you have an open contract on your Upwork account. You will need to close all open contracts and proposals before we initiate account closure.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
grijal
Community Member

I have ended the contracts. Can you please reactivate my account now?

Hi Gyanendra,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
adi_6294
Community Member

I have reactivated my 2 years old account with the help of customer support.

I provided them my all educational and certificate documents related to my upwork profile and they reactivated it.

889ea83b
Community Member

Hello, 

I need help reactivating an old old account.

Hi For,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
88a15702
Community Member

Hi,

I incorrectly setup a client account instead of a freelancer account. I closed my client account in hopes that I would be able to re-sign up with it as a freelance account but now I can't access it or reactivate it at all. 

Could you help me reactivate this account?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Kindly send me the details of the account that needs assistance. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork

hello, i messaged you regarding my account being locked. thank you.

88a15702
Community Member

Hi,

Is anyone able to help me out with reactivating my account? Got in touch with the moderator above and they said they would be able to do it for me but haven't heard back from them in over a week

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

I  followed this up with our team. I also sent you a private message. Please check.

~ AJ
Upwork
509bc5a6
Community Member

Hello. I created an account on Upwork during the pandemic, but have since deactivted it. I am now realizing I never recieved a W-9 for some work I did under this account. Could I please have assistance in reactivating it? Thank you! -Natalie

Hello, just following up on this-- thank you!

Hi Natalie,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
c457ab8c
Community Member

Hi,

Would someone be able to help me with reactivating my account? Got in touch with the moderator above and they said they'll do it but it's been some time I haven't heard them back

Kindly help. Thank you

Hi Flo,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

I need to activate my previous account which I closed less than 48 hours ago. 

Trying to reach customer support but unsuccessfully all this time. While chat support is completely useless in my case.

Thank you. 

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a couple of support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
671f286d
Community Member

Hello,

Could you try please to  activate my old account? 

Thank you!

Hello Cristian,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you need assistance with? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
671f286d
Community Member

I don't know why I can't send you a message. My previous mail account was **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie! My husband is trying to reactivate his old Upwork account **Edited for Community Guidelines**. It was suspended when Upwork stopped operations in Belarus.

We now are living in Canada and he wants to reactivate his account and tried to do it emailing to **Edited for Community Guidelines**. But the email he received in response said that "this email address is not monitored".

He also tried to fill in **Edited for Community Guidelines** Submit Suspension Appeal form on the website. But it also didn't work and he received this kind of reply: "We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.

However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."

He does have an account but nothing seem to be working. He can't log in because the Log in form says his account is suspended as well. 

Could you help?

Hi Veranika,

Unfortunately, we're unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. Your husband should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

Here’s how you can reach a human in customer support:

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of this or any Help center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~Andrea
Upwork

That helps, thanks. I'll let him know. 

khuzaimaamir
Community Member

@Andrea G

I want to reactivate my old account I created it long ago and now I want to do freelancing on it but it is private and says you have to reactivate it please help me I want my account to be reactivated and its the same account that I used to send this reply help please quick

Hi Khuzaima,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to?

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep

I've sent you the message but am not sure if you received it.

khuzaimaamir
Community Member

I want to reactivate my old account someone help the last moderator haven't replied since my first reply

Khuzaima, I'm sorry you haven't received a reply yet. Can you please try sending me a private message? I'll be happy to look into this for you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
webnier
Community Member

Please tell me how can I reactivate my account?

Hi Netai,

I can see that your account is active and your profile visible. Were you referring to a different account?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
50b29fae
Community Member

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm unable to switch my profile from private to public.

Hi Suhailah,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members