🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ready files were sent in previous message...
Page options
dmitriy_sl
Community Member

Ready files were sent in previous message room with client.What should I do?

Hello Upwork Community.My question is about message rooms and ready work.

I have two message rooms with one client(one from the previous contract) and I sent ready files in previous message room.

We discussed our actual job in previous room where the client sent me files to correct and asked for advices. After our discussion the client started new contract(so new room was created) but we continued to chat in the previous one so ready files for this actual contract were attached in the previous room.

After that the client disappered for more than 10 days  and I  decided to submitted work for payment without attaching files(mistakenly I thought that they were sent in the new room).

What should I do now?Should I resend files in the actual chat room and resubmit work again or everything is fine ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "After that the client disappered for more than 10 days and I  decided to submitted work for payment without attaching files(mistakenly I thought that they were sent in the new room)."

You did this wrong.

You were supposed to click the Submit Work and Request Payment button IMMEDIATELY when you finished the task. Attach the files then.

I DO NOT ASK the client to respond or review the files first. I use the button, and that is all done automatically.

re: "What should I do now? Should I resend files in the actual chat room and resubmit work again or everything is fine ?"

Resend the files in a chat room. DO NOT CLICK the Submit button again. Clicking it will restart the countdown clock.

Do not send any messages to the client. Only resend the files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Dmitriy:

None of this matters.

First room, second room... it is all irrelevant.

You can share files with a client however you and the client want to. Using Upwork Messages. Or not. Email. FTP. Dropbox. Upwork doesn't care.

If you have an hourly contract, you are paid based on time logged. Not based on files.

If you have a fixed-price contract, then none of what you asked about matters. Message, rooms, etc. don't matter.

You click the Submit Work and Request Payment button, and you can attach complete, usable work files. Not watermarked or limited.

That is the only thing that matters.

It doesn't matter if the client responds. If the client does nothing then you get paid automatically.

re: "After that the client disappered for more than 10 days and I  decided to submitted work for payment without attaching files(mistakenly I thought that they were sent in the new room)."

You did this wrong.

You were supposed to click the Submit Work and Request Payment button IMMEDIATELY when you finished the task. Attach the files then.

I DO NOT ASK the client to respond or review the files first. I use the button, and that is all done automatically.

re: "What should I do now? Should I resend files in the actual chat room and resubmit work again or everything is fine ?"

Resend the files in a chat room. DO NOT CLICK the Submit button again. Clicking it will restart the countdown clock.

Do not send any messages to the client. Only resend the files.

Thank you very much. You helped a lot. I'll pay more attention to submitting work from this time

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members