🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Real-Time Availability for Work (Online Statu...
Page options
rlong98
Community Member

Real-Time Availability for Work (Online Status)

Here's a thought,

Let's say I have downtime - (Which sadly I do since my injury).

I have a few hours open to work.

SCENARIO:  Client needs an excel report done in a pinch - and submits a proposal but is still strapped for time and doesn't want to wait.

Question:  Can clients find an expert in a field and find me "online" and send communication asking for help?

i.e. Can they search for "Online" & "MS Excel" and reach out to me?

UPDATE

TESTING

1.  Logged in (Chrome) on UpWork

2.  I opened new browser (FireFox) - Not Logged in.

3.  Serached for "MS Excel"

RESULTS:

- Shows Online & Offline

- There is No Filter - for Online Status (That I can see)

- I got to page 22 and still don't show up

2 REPLIES 2
louisaj
Community Member

You can be invited by a client, yes. They will look for skills matching their requirements and message you if you match. They may message a few people at the same time, if it's urgent, and consider the first one that replies, but yes, clients can reach out to you. And it costs you no connects. 

Also, previous clients can hire you again, privately, without having to put out tender (a job proposal) in public. 

kbadeau
Community Member

Louisa J wrote:

You can be invited by a client, yes. They will look for skills matching their requirements and message you if you match. They may message a few people at the same time, if it's urgent, and consider the first one that replies, but yes, clients can reach out to you. And it costs you no connects. 

Also, previous clients can hire you again, privately, without having to put out tender (a job proposal) in public. 

I don't even think it has to be an invitation any more. Clients can reach out to prospective freelancers in messages even if they just want to ask a question.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members