🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Real problem with my freelancer account
Page options
3ed852fe
Community Member

Real problem with my freelancer account

Hello. I have a problem which can’t be solved by Upwork “Help Center”. Currently I have 50 connections, but when I try to submit any proposal there is “0 connections”.
What is more, Upwork didn’t ask me to verify my account which is pretty strange because Upwork usually does that, as far as I know. The “Identity verification” link from your Help Center” doesn’t work too. I just receive “Page not found” . In addition, I can’t add my team members to my agency account. It looks like a real bag. I have read all the articles in your “Help Center” and didn’t find the answer. What should I do in this case?
6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Arsenii,

I checked your account and it looks like you are an exclusive member of your agency. exclusive member work as part of the agency. You will need to have Connects under your agency account to be able to submit proposals. You will need to upgrade your agency membership to the Agency Plus plan. Agency Plus is a monthly subscription for $20.00 (USD) per month that gives agencies access to build their team and purchase shared agency Connects for $0.15 (USD) per Connect.  Please check this help article to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ed852fe
Community Member

Hi, Joanne

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it doesn’t solve any of my problems. Firstly, I can not send any proposals even with personal account (not agency account), despite the fact that I have 50 connections in my settings.
Secondly, you didn’t respond about KYC or any other verification process. Is my profile already verified? I didn’t go through any of identification processes.

As for your reply, what should I do in order to change my status from “exclusive” member to any other? You ask me to buy your paid subscription for $20, but I don’t even have the opportunity to try your platforms for free because of these strange bugs… I have already ask another freelancers, showed my situation but nobody see this before. Please solve my problem. I want to try your platform for free like any other member and after that I will think if I need your paid subscription.

Hi Arsenii,

I would like to clarify that everything is working as designed and that you're not experiencing any bugs on your end.

At the moment you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions.

Exclusive members of an agency can only work under the agency and use the Connects of the agency pool. Since you're the agency owner you can change your status to non-exclusive member and work as an independent freelancer and under your agency. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Goran

Does the new agency on the Upwork get any free connections with basic plan? Because for my agency account I had 0 connections from the starting point (you can check it in my connections’ history). It is a little bit confusing. As I know, Upwork provides a limited amount of free connections for the start. But I don’t have them at all.

Hi Arsenii,

Only new freelancers will receive free Connects to help them get started. Agencies will not receive free Connects. When you open an agency you will need to upgrade to our Agency Plus plan in order to be able to purchase Connects and send proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Arsenii H wrote:
You ask me to buy your paid subscription for $20, but I don’t even have the opportunity to try your platforms for free because of these strange bugs….

You do and there are no bugs, as has been explained to twice now. Set your agency membership to "non-exclusive" and/or get rid of the  agency. There isn't any point to it for a new freelancer. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths