cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reality check on job I'm bidding on

Community Leader
Lee Ann M Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
11 of 15

Oh  - forgot - I am not really getting the ratios related to time required that I think at least the first two sources refer to - i.e. the 22:1 for low-range, 43:1 for average, etc.

Community Leader
12 of 15

oops never mind, I found it!

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
13 of 15

Lee Ann M wrote:

Oh  - forgot - I am not really getting the ratios related to time required that I think at least the first two sources refer to - i.e. the 22:1 for low-range, 43:1 for average, etc.

I just glanced at them. I believe they all pertain to creating course material in consultation with SMEs. If you are the SME, then you could probably knock some time off their estimates. How much, I don't know. I just like having some kind of departure point when I'm scoping something new. The more pins in the ground I start with, the more comfortable and confident I am sticking w/ my estimate because I can offer the client a basis for my quote, so they can't get away with thinking I just pulled it out of my A: drive.

Community Leader
14 of 15

Thanks Phyllis!

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 15

FWIW, my experience in writing curriculum was that it generally took 5-7 hours of work per hour of class time. But, that was in a context that required zero research.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS