Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

zohaibsultan007
Ace Contributor
Zohaib S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
1 of 917

Good day!

I started to work on May 2020 and I got a success rate of 86% and now its 78% on 25 Oct-2020.

I don't understand & know the reason why my JSS rate decreasing. I am active in applying for a jobs. Last two weeks I am applying in many projects and no work i got. I waste my many connects.I actively using this website.

The issue is that maxium Upwork inform or tell us about the reason for JSS rate decreasing

Anyone can tell us how we will know the reason for JSS rate decreasing.

Can someone help me, and explain why this happens? I am really stressing about it. 

Thanks

richardrader
Community Guru
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
2 of 917

Hey Zohaib, generally speaking JSS goes down when a client gives you poor private feedback. Note that clients can give you great public feedback, but still provide poor private feedback.

If you go to Find Work -> My Stats you can see how many clients would reccomend you which is what the private feedback is based on.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 917

Richard R wrote:

If you go to Find Work -> My Stats you can see how many clients would reccomend you

No, he won't. He hasn't had enough completed jobs yet. He had two negative or not entirely positive outcomes, the first dropped him to 86% - the second to under 80% - the contract with the poor feedback is one of them.

zohaibsultan007
Ace Contributor
Zohaib S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
4 of 917

Thanks for answering my questions. Its helps me a lot.

My last question is how we will find in a written form on website about our JSS rate decreasing. 

petra_r
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
5 of 917

Zohaib S wrote:

My last question is how we will find in a written form on website about our JSS rate decreasing. 

Here

View solution in original post

satyamraj7
Satyam R Member Since: Sep 27, 2020
6 of 917

Hello Petra, My JSS was 100 but after  the recent update, it decreased to 92, even after having 5star in all my project, recently my client had mistakenly rated 4.6 but after I asked her, she said it was clicked mistakenly and then she changed the ratings to 5 but my JSS decreased and it's bothering me, please help me out!

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 917

Satyam R wrote:

my client had mistakenly rated 4.6 but after I asked her, she said it was clicked mistakenly and then she changed the ratings to 5 but my JSS decreased and it's bothering me, please help me out!

The client didn't "mistakenly" click 4.6, the client deliberately clicked 4.6 and probably clicked on a not so great rate as private feedback, which is what drives the JSS. Public feedback and stars are pretty much meaningless because most clients leave 5 stars public feedback by default no matter how dreadful the freelancer was, because they can't be bothered with unprofessional freelancers harassing them to change feedback.

The client was obviously not that happy, given that the contract was meant to be long term and ended very abruptly after 2 days, the client has other freelancers still working on the same job and is still trying to hire more.

rajvivan11
Rajeev P Member Since: Jan 7, 2021
8 of 917
Hi Petra,
Thanks for the detailed answers. Instead of creating a new thread I thought I should ask here I am extremely sorry in advance if I am breaking any policy and community guidelines. I am actually facing the similar issue where my JSS Decreased abruptly and client accidently confused with Upwork rating with their call center rating . When I explained he changed the rating and apologize for the misunderstanding.
One thing which always bother me is lack of transparency in Upwork specially when client gives private feedback ? Who validates those feedback. There is always two side of the story and without knowing what went wrong, giving preference to client is not right.There should be a common platform where Upwork, freelancer and client all three parties can share their opinion and then decide what is right.Sometiems client wants freelancer to do more work then the promised work and if freelancer say no they will use this medium to share inappropriate feedback.Upwork should definitely lacking here and always giving preference to clients.Please update the policy or atleast come up with something which can help everyone if someone is facing any issue ?
Also, another issue which I am facing , most of the clients booked the hourly services but they never show up. Even after asking questions / follow up, they won't respond. How to deal with these clients and how to remove those clients when they pause the project ? Kindly suggest
d277beaa
Muhammad A Member Since: Mar 2, 2021
9 of 917

Hi Petra, as mentioned my clients recommendation is also 100%, so why after recent job completion my JSS went down to 92 from 100.Also, this was relatively very small project , and I also received a decent public feedback.

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 917

Muhammad A wrote:

my clients recommendation is also 100%, so why after recent job completion my JSS went down to 92 from 100.Also, this was relatively very small project , and I also received a decent public feedback.

Because the "Clients who recommend you" metric is only updated after every several contracts. The client clearly wasn't fully thrilled with the work, they even hinted at your lack of experience in the written feedback and deducted stars for skills and quality.

You only had 6 completed contracts, so every one has a big impact.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS